Grading specific for AFL cards

FatYak

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Josh
Hi guys

I'm looking at getting some of my more expensive AFL cards graded, not so much for increase in value, but ore for the protection and insurance.

Ive looked around a bit and people say PSA and BGS are the industry leaders and that CGA is "new" and not as well recognised, but PSA and BGS were new at some stage, and they are on the wrong continent. I'm also (generally) of the opinion that if you don't use it , you lose it. Other than being relatively new, i cannot find a lot about CGA

Thoughts and info appreciated

Card grading australia would be the way to go in my opinion.

Beckett and PSA for international stuff every day of the week but since AFL dont have an international audience you would be pissing your money down the drain sending them overseas.

I haven't bothered to get my cards graded but i know quite a few people that have, i have seen the slabs and grading they use, you can even pay a little extra to get a write up on any defects. As far as i am concerned it is a professional outfit and there slabs look very nice.

My advice would be send one card if you have any doubts and try them out but i'm certain you wont have any complaints.

If you want some more info, check out this youtube clip where someone shows off a few cards they have had done.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what the slabs are made of by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom