Grading Companies

adz2332

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
Hey all
I havent collected american cards, im a AFL collector.
But i love the look of slabbed cards. I was thinking of sending some of my Footy cards to get graded.

Who do you blokes recommend?
Which do you think look best?
How much roughly per card?
Ease of sending / receiving etc?

Any one have pics of each side by side?

Any help would be awesome thanks!!

PSA
SGC
BGS

BGS looks better imo with the gold label and the chance at the black label for all 10 perfect card.

PSA sells better at the moment so if you don’t mind it just saying PSA 9 or 10 with no clarification then go for that.

BGS is now $50 for 30 days service and $100 for 5 day service with Cherry (30 day service may be actually 90 atm with COVID-19 delays.

PSA is about $20-40 a card for base level service and a lot more for higher end stuff since I think they charge a fee on really big cards, I’ve never had to worry about that lol. Current wait times are 1-8 months depending on what service you pick As they have a million card backlog and you will pay through the balls to try and jump the queue.

grading is brutal at the moment so be prepared to wait.

SGC label looks like trash imo. People only going with them to avoid wait time. Would be interesting to send the same card to all 3 and see what they come back as each time.

I have some BGS and Some PSA I think some cards look good in each label and I’ve split things up also for potential long term best value.

good luck!

For Australian cards I'd still go with CGA: https://www.cardgradingaustralia.com/

I don't feel like getting cards graded with BGS/PSA will boost the value of your AFL cards and CGA has a more comprehensive rating system than any of them anyway. Australian collectors just don't care about grading right now but in the future I think CGA-graded cards will begin to command a premium.

For Australian cards I'd still go with CGA: https://www.cardgradingaustralia.com/

I don't feel like getting cards graded with BGS/PSA will boost the value of your AFL cards and CGA has a more comprehensive rating system than any of them anyway. Australian collectors just don't care about grading right now but in the future I think CGA-graded cards will begin to command a premium.

good point here, I’m strictly nba so no idea on this re grading Aussie sport cards

For premium cards always go with PSA/Beckett, however I always send my aussie cards to CGA as stated above cannot go wrong.

BGS looks better imo with the gold label and the chance at the black label for all 10 perfect card.

PSA sells better at the moment so if you don’t mind it just saying PSA 9 or 10 with no clarification then go for that.

BGS is now $50 for 30 days service and $100 for 5 day service with Cherry (30 day service may be actually 90 atm with COVID-19 delays.

PSA is about $20-40 a card for base level service and a lot more for higher end stuff since I think they charge a fee on really big cards, I’ve never had to worry about that lol. Current wait times are 1-8 months depending on what service you pick As they have a million card backlog and you will pay through the balls to try and jump the queue.

grading is brutal at the moment so be prepared to wait.

SGC label looks like trash imo. People only going with them to avoid wait time. Would be interesting to send the same card to all 3 and see what they come back as each time.

I have some BGS and Some PSA I think some cards look good in each label and I’ve split things up also for potential long term best value.

good luck!
This ^^^^^

cheers for the info
To be honest it's less about boosting value than it is aesthetics.
I love the slab look

Side by side you wanted...bgs has a penny sleeve inside the case and case is thicker with sub grades...psa case is clearer and stackable ..both as good as each other but I prefer bgs

IMG_20200704_081628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom