Graded cards what company is the best???

Yoshi

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Part of my new collection will be graded cards so as I know nothing about the companies any info would be great.

Had a look on ebay and found -

BCCG, BGS, PGI, PSA, GEM and SCD to name a few quick ones.

Questions are -

Who is best and why?

Is a Bgs 10 the same as the other companies 10's or are some of the companies more lenient than others?

Thanks Shane:wave:

You clearly missed the best one. SGC. Do a search of the auction houses. NOT eBAy. All the best and most expensive cards in existance go to the auction houses and the rest of the dregs go to eBay and card shops.

If someone has a $20,000US + card already graded in psa or BGS form and decides to get it switched over to SGC before auction they stand to lose a lot of money if its not the right decision. This has occured a lot over the last year or more for cards right up to the value of 1.2MUS each. Each time the card has sold and improved in value.

Point. SGC is reputable, great slab, great grading, knowledgeble graders and collectors faith in the company.

If I had a choice of a card in all graded forms I'd pick the SGC one. No brainer.

Then again I dont even consider exquisite high end so one of the other companies like psa, bgs should be fine also as most collectors are ignorant to what is the best and only go on what the masses on eBay collect therefore secondary value may be hurt for modern cards if you go with SGC.

LOL nice avatar.

Personally I go with PSA, but Chad is correct in some ways. SGC just doesn't have the mass love that the others have.
Stick with PSA, SGC & BGS for cards that will hold their value and are respected by collectors. The others are just pretenders in that the number on their slab does not often match that of the true quality of the card. The above companies are the best at accurately grading cards, though I have seen cards that have been over graded by these companies. That being said, I have seen cards that have been under graded too.

All that being said, my motto is BUY THE CARD, NOT THE GRADE. Meaning don't just buy a card because it says it is graded 10. Look at the card and make your own call. Ask for better scans if you have to.

Thanks for the advice guys, might stick with PSA & BGS. I guess next step is to check out the PSA & BGS sites and send a couple of cards off.

Thanks Shane:wave:

thanks for the info also! Been planning to get some of my old cards and some of my new ones slabbed too. Actually sent a couple of them off to bsg just for trial since psa needs membership. As a newb i don't know sgc so thanks chadjaja for the info! But I doubt I will ever have cards that are worth sgc's scrutiny. they might laugh at what i send them if they are the best in the grading business

Good thread :D

I personally only buy PSA graded cards, but BGS is also good. SGC is probably recognised as the best around, in particular by the old school collectors.

You clearly missed the best one. SGC. Do a search of the auction houses. NOT eBAy. All the best and most expensive cards in existance go to the auction houses and the rest of the dregs go to eBay and card shops.

Could you post some links to these auction houses? I've only really seen one before and they've had some ripper cards. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the other auctions around. Thanks Chad! :thumbsup:

A lot of nice uncut sheets in the basketball section and full sets as well. Baseball as usual has some spectacular pieces up at the moment in Mastro.

Even if I won tatts I'd still go broke buying up LOL

PS'the above is the brash opinion of the poster alone.

PPS'that avatar is back! HAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom