GoT Season 7

Just totted up the three case breaks

Out of the 30 EL/VL cards in the checklist:

Case 1 - 5VL
Case 2 - 1EL, 3VL
Case 3 - 1EL, 3VL

The above seems mathematically consistent to me. No cases with a relic or sketch. With the increase in RRP you would definitely gambling if purchasing a case of this stuff.

Can't say I'm too happy at getting 2nd pick in the case and having a choice between Joseph Quinn, another Jonathan Pryce or Paul Kaye as the second most scarce auto. I know I was premature, but when I drew second I was excited thinking I would get the first choice auto of the case or a decent relic...

Ouch, that's pretty bad...might have been okay if each case had a relic or two or a sketch as another major hit.

A second pick spot SHOULD get you excited, and it should have got you a major cast character at the least. If we're heading down the road that only the top spot in a case has the chance of a good card, and even then only some of the time, the hobby is screwed...

Damn, not doing well with those archive breaks... 42 & 79 out of 80...

Reckon I'm done with Season 7...unless I buy another box or two myself in the chase for the dual relic...

Ouch, I figured I went well with 40/160 so stopped while I was ahead.
Do you buy boxes from DACW? or Blowout?

I use DACW...they look after me pretty well.

Did use Blowout once, but they stuffed it up, so haven't ordered from them again. That was a long time ago though, so maybe they're better now...

Damn, not doing well with those archive breaks... 42 & 79 out of 80...

Reckon I'm done with Season 7...unless I buy another box or two myself in the chase for the dual relic...

My four were 43, 55, 62, 73 / 80. We can commiserate with each other. Still, we have 3 Dempsie autos between us.

Has anyone else found an album for this release that they can get to this part of the world for less than the price of a kidney?

There is very, very little of this series on the secondary market - dealers seem to have stayed clear of it?

We might see box prices get slashed soon.

Don't do the albums myself, but they always seem to be mega expensive to ship. Maybe try contacting Ed Webb at www.scifi.cards I think he does a lot of binders.

Yeah, the S7 set really fizzed out...just not enough big names in it I'm guessing....and I wonder if maybe there's a bit of collector fatigue setting in for GoT sets? If you're not a completist, there are a lot of GoT Auto's out there now, so getting at least one of a favorite character isn't too hard. Still hoping they do another Valyrian steel myself though...loved that release.

Don't do the albums myself, but they always seem to be mega expensive to ship. Maybe try contacting Ed Webb at www.scifi.cards I think he does a lot of binders.

Yeah, the S7 set really fizzed out...just not enough big names in it I'm guessing....and I wonder if maybe there's a bit of collector fatigue setting in for GoT sets? If you're not a completist, there are a lot of GoT Auto's out there now, so getting at least one of a favorite character isn't too hard. Still hoping they do another Valyrian steel myself though...loved that release.

I have found picking up albums really easy for the others, but there are very few of these and the ones that are around are either tied to master set purchases of 3-4x the total price of the previous sets. There probably is buyer fatigue at the moment, but stuff is selling well and at higher prices...I guess just enough is being made available.

Cheers for Ed's contact, I almost ended up his last Valyrian Steel box, but resisted. I hope they do one final mother of all sets next year and then that is it. And then I'll go all out on the series 1 of the prequel if and when it is released.

Back
Top Bottom