GoT Season 7

nznrl

Interested in low numbered Warriors
Real Name
Daniel
I was kind of hoping we would get a year off and they'd release this at the arrival of the new season.

I guess you expect nuffies at this stage, but there are a few that take the cake here... and as always there are more to be named.

Really pumped to have Gendry, Benjen Stark, Lyanna Mormont, Beric Dondarrion, Euron Greyjoy and Thoros of Myr though. Still no Davos. And no sign of an Ed Sheeran :p

Not much else on offer in the inserts at this stage.

What are people's thoughts? I regretted my season 6 case.

rittenhouse-got-season-7-2.jpg
rittenhouse-got-season-7-3.jpg
rittenhouse-got-season-7-4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Steve over on the Rittenhouse forum said there were 20 new signers for GoT7, so I figured there'd be a few nobodies amongst them, but as you say, there are still some good names to be had. It is a little unfortunate that there are only 3 or 4 main characters signers now. Incentive cards look decent.

I'll likely go about half a case in boxes. Already have 6 spots in case breaks, so hopefully they'll deliver.

Those first two cases busted were horrendous. Even first pick on the draft got nothing exciting (sorry @AusRam ). I'm not sure that I'm going to risk spending on more than one box for a common set.

I have second pick in case 3, so hoping for a change in fortune - relic or sketch for top pick and then perhaps a main cast auto for myself, but I'm a bit worried now.

Those first two cases busted were horrendous. Even first pick on the draft got nothing exciting (sorry @AusRam ). I'm not sure that I'm going to risk spending on more than one box for a common set.

I have second pick in case 3, so hoping for a change in fortune - relic or sketch for top pick and then perhaps a main cast auto for myself, but I'm a bit worried now.

Yeah, this product is looking brutal. I'm waiting for the scans in the hope that there was an EL amongst the autos. I got a huge offer from someone after it broke, so I figure there must be something good in there somewhere LOL!

I'll probably go a few boxes just to get the base sets and a few new auto's, but yeah the lack of main cast auto's or anything like a case hit is a bit worrying. Amazes me too as they just released Valyrian steel which was an awesome product.

Don't know what's going on with non-sport releases lately, all the manufacturers seem to be releasing junk - UD with Black Panther, Topps with Solo and this latest GoT from Rittenhouse. Very disappointing...

I think case 2 got a Gillen EL, which is good. I haven't watched it right through. The case breaker offers are great service, but his filmed breaks aren't the most engaging. If you are going to be the first to open new product it would be great to actually show it!

I'd still rather be busting this than anything UD are doing lately.

I have been slow and i finally seen the signers list for UD Black Panther... atleast with thor you had a chance of hitting a Hemsy no real main cast signers is a big fail....especially for the price its a shame GOT is heading this way although i never purchased atleast it looked like a value for dollar product.

I think case 2 got a Gillen EL, which is good. I haven't watched it right through. The case breaker offers are great service, but his filmed breaks aren't the most engaging. If you are going to be the first to open new product it would be great to actually show it!

I'd still rather be busting this than anything UD are doing lately.

Yeah, Ian is pretty good, but I think these boring cases wore him out ! A recap at the end would be handy. Case 3 might have been the best of the three, but it wasn't a monster case at all...

I have been slow and i finally seen the signers list for UD Black Panther... atleast with thor you had a chance of hitting a Hemsy no real main cast signers is a big fail....especially for the price its a shame GOT is heading this way although i never purchased atleast it looked like a value for dollar product.

Yeah the poor UD guy on blowout was copping it bad over Panther, so much so he's apparently left the forums for good. But yeah, Panther looked very ordinary. I might buy a pack or two on epack for a looksee, but not buying any boxes.

Sadly I think Rittenhouse upped the RRP on this latest GoT one too, but it's not looking a very good release at all right now...

Just had another look at the Case 2 break vid on Blowout... There was a Gillen but he's only a VL, but there was also a Dempsie (Gendry) which is one of the EL's and pretty rare as it is only in packs and not in the archive boxes, so I think that'll be my pick once I see the scans... 2 have already sold for $168 and 2 currently have BIN's of $230 so sounding very scarce...

So does that mean I picked a bad season to start collecting GoT? haha
I purchased a spot in the Game of Thrones Season 7 Archive Box Break on Blowout and got pick 40 which is decent, just not really sure what is worthwhile picking.

So does that mean I picked a bad season to start collecting GoT? haha
I purchased a spot in the Game of Thrones Season 7 Archive Box Break on Blowout and got pick 40 which is decent, just not really sure what is worthwhile picking.

LOL Think you might have some catching up to do if you're only starting now ! ;)

I'm in that break too. You should get something reasonable at 40, at least someone recognisable. Always hard to figure how drafts go, as some people who are selling or set completing always go for parallels and inserts and stuff which means some better Auto's are left a little longer.... Good luck !

Thanks, I'll just end up getting a few select autos or sets that I like the look of, like the Winter is here and Beautiful Death sets.
I see you have pick 21, what are you hoping for there?

Just had another look at the Case 2 break vid on Blowout... There was a Gillen but he's only a VL, but there was also a Dempsie (Gendry) which is one of the EL's and pretty rare as it is only in packs and not in the archive boxes, so I think that'll be my pick once I see the scans... 2 have already sold for $168 and 2 currently have BIN's of $230 so sounding very scarce...

Awesome. I've been waiting on Dempsie for a few releases now. Given he is EL, potentially a massively key character in GoT, and he had a great character in Skins, he'd be my most sought after signature too.

I've been going off the Cardboard Connection checklist, which has Gillen as EL. What is the best source for finding this info? And what is the deal with the Allam auto? I heard Ian mention something about it as I was flicking through the breaks, but didn't go back to listen to what he said.

Awesome. I've been waiting on Dempsie for a few releases now. Given he is EL, potentially a massively key character in GoT, and he had a great character in Skins, he'd be my most sought after signature too.

I've been going off the Cardboard Connection checklist, which has Gillen as EL. What is the best source for finding this info? And what is the deal with the Allam auto? I heard Ian mention something about it as I was flicking through the breaks, but didn't go back to listen to what he said.

You need to go directly to the source, Rittenhouse do really good checklists -

http://www.scifihobby.com/products/checklist.cfm?SetID=344

Not sure on the Allam, I think Ian might have thought it was an SP, but it isn't...

Thanks, I'll just end up getting a few select autos or sets that I like the look of, like the Winter is here and Beautiful Death sets.
I see you have pick 21, what are you hoping for there?

Be nice if I managed a Maisie at 21, or better still a Coster-Waldau as he's avoided me so far - but don't like my luck for him. But there's even a few likely to go later I wouldn't mind, only because I like the characters and don't have auto's of them yet - Benjen, Thoros, Yara. I've got picks 86 and 102 as well, so they should get me a couple of better lesser knowns .

Still tossing up if I'll go in the second archive break...

You could be in line for a Maisie, Gillen or Ramsey, pretty solid whichever way it goes.
At 40 I'm even thinking about the Winter is Here set or Gold Valyrian steel cards if they are available.

Yeah, I'll be happy with whatever I get at 20, it should be decent. Hope you luck out and get what you want at 40, I think the gold steels might start going pretty early as they'll have a good bit of value to set collectors looking to continue their Valyrian sets. Should be some still at 40 I'd think though.

Do you think the "Winter is here" set would be a reach at 40 or even still be available?
Really like the look of it and at 1:144 packs its a tough chase otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom