"God"Boxes

Should Select Continue With God Boxes on have even distribution?

• "God" Box

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Even Distribution

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Not Fussed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

May-Z

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
may--z
Now we have all had a few days to think about what are everyone's thoughts on the so called "God" boxes?

God boxes are great for those who get them but if like me 2 boxes 2 sigs in total nothing special at all you are disappointed, There is also no place in this set for rookies, this is a celebration of all great past and present let the future be in the future Select 2/10

Couldn't agree more. No more so called God Boxes please, and no more rookies. When you get a box with just the one sig and then someone pulls 9 monster sigs in one box it makes you feel a little sick in the stomach.

We need Select to come out with a statement on these hot boxes. Reasoning for it, the ratio of hitting one, quantity of them and differences between each one.

I don't mind the god boxes, it no different than hitting a big card.

Biggest issues from the set are the 3 variety of base and the rookie cards (theres now 6 different types of rookies cards to collect, 7 for the top ten) and the drop from 2 to 1 signatures compared to 2019.

Echo the thoughts in here, the collation is so cooked in this series - you either get a box with 2 big sigs, a god box, or a box with JUST ONE FUTURE FRANCHISE SIG which could be GWS and nothing else...

The FF should not be the big hit of the box ffs...

I like the idea even though I didn’t get one. Reason they probably did it was to stop people just selling boxes. But that will continue until the secondary market stops paying the exorbitant prices.

Not a fan of them personally. Reason being people end up watching others hit these "God/Hot Boxes" and then their expectations are so high that they end up disappointed when they hit a decent box that would normally be a huge win.

I do however like that it keeps the price of sealed boxes high because that in turn means that single card prices stay solid too.

As someone who hit a hot box yep it was great but I would still rather see an even distribution, my hot box was the 1st box I opened my next 2 boxes were rubbish compared with just 1 sig in each, hot box had 9 sigs

I like the idea even though I didn’t get one. Reason they probably did it was to stop people just selling boxes. But that will continue until the secondary market stops paying the exorbitant prices.

Interesting take.

Personally I can't wait til this era of reselling is over and the regular Joe can get back to breaking a case for the fun of it.

Now if you open a box of premium product and it's a dud you often can't help but feel sick to the stomach and it's amplified even more with a release like Supremacy as box prices inevitably end up out of this world.

Last edited:
Every era of card collecting has its advantages and disadvantages.
Sealed product and Singles are growing in value right now.
Most people find a way to adapt and even if you don't change tactics
you still have a lot of cards to cash out on or take into another asset.
So its not too bad.

What I'd really love to see is a 48/72/100+ packet box or another AFL card distributor to take on select and TC
That would really shake things up.

Virtual cards havent quite taken off yet. There's still scope there.
But perhaps even miniature or oversize cards again but done really high quality so they can be displayed.

Virtual cards havent quite taken off yet. There's still scope there.
But perhaps even miniature or oversize cards again but done really high quality so they can be displayed.
just as a matter of interest do you go cruising? I noted your name is cruiser 77 - wife and I have been on 19 cruises so far

Back
Top Bottom