Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers86

SELECT SERIES 2 ADMIRER
Real Name
George
eBay User
pipina19
I'm making my own set of Goal of The Year cards guys, exciting isn't it? Will think about selling once they are made. I have details-
2015 Goal of the Year Cards
1999-2014 16 Cards + Cover Card + Checklist
Packs- 3 a pack, $3.80 a pack
18 Commons # to 200
18 Bronze Foil Parallels # to 100
4 3D Cards(Unknown Players) # to 45
2 Signature Cards(Unknown Players) # to 14
Ultra Rare Redemption Set(Signature of 2014 GOTY Winner Matt White, Silver Foil Numbering #001, 3 Rare Coleman Medal Jersey Cards Franklin, Riewoldt, Roughead & Certification) Only 1 ever released
This is just an idea in the making. If yes, I could do boxes,
And albums will probably be available.

I'm making my own set of Goal of The Year cards guys, exciting isn't it? Will think about selling once they are made. I have details-
2015 Goal of the Year Cards
1999-2014 16 Cards + Cover Card + Checklist
Packs- 3 a pack, $3.80 a pack
18 Commons # to 200
18 Bronze Foil Parallels # to 100
4 3D Cards(Unknown Players) # to 45
2 Signature Cards(Unknown Players) # to 14
Ultra Rare Redemption Set(Signature of 2014 GOTY Winner Matt White, Silver Foil Numbering #001, 3 Rare Coleman Medal Jersey Cards Franklin, Riewoldt, Roughead & Certification) Only 1 ever released
This is just an idea in the making. If yes, I could do boxes,
And albums will probably be available.

Firstly let me say I admire your passion.

Secondly, let me share some facts with with you.

Select has paid the AFL a lot of money as a minimum guarantee to enable them to make AFL trading cards and hopefully make a profit.

Now given that Select has paid out heaps of money to do this, do you think they will take kindly to someone who is looking to profit off selling their own cards a) potentially taking away sales from them without paying a cent and b) that the AFL wont have any issues with you using their logos and trademarks?

If you did go ahead with this, you would likely have a cease and desist letter on your doorstep pretty quickly and if you continued to sell them you would probably end up in court being sued for multiple trademark/copyright infringements.

The AFL is know as one of the most litigious organisations in the country and they spend lots of money protecting their brand.

Now even if this weren't to happen, you would be using images that are copyrighted by photographers (they own the images) so they will probably come knocking as well for royalty payments for using their images.

Then you have the players, are you sure all of them are happy for you to use their likeness on your cards? Also their player managers would probably be thinking, hang on my players are being used to make money and they aren't getting compensated for it? If the players miss out, so do the managers as they get a cut of what the players earn?

Player managers missing out on money isn't something they liked doing!

If it were as easy as you think it is to do this, don't you think others would have done this themselves before?

Make as many cards as you like for your own personal collection, but once you start trying to earn a dollar from it, you open yourself up to a whole heap of risks and a whole world of pain.

Be warned!

Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom