Glen Jakovich Signed MVP Allstar AFL Card + Authenticity

Craighascards

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
COMC User
donthave
Hey guys i am new to the forum first thread/post and really need some help selling these afl cards i bought, went to legends and heros to get a certificate of authenticity they all come back good. Tried to take some cards in to cash converters with the certificates but they told me there been burnt bad on football cards in the past and can't buy them at the moment. They said my best bet is to try online gumtree,ebay,facebook market place done a quick google search and found this froums.

Located in Melbourne happy to post the card anywhere in Australia for free or a local pickup near Melbourne can be arranged. Probably should of read the forum rules to make sure this post is ok really need some $$$ for Christmas. The guy at card shop said there worth $200 each and i shouldn't have a problem getting 1k for the 6 i got graded. I have the 6 1994 mvp cards including the greg Williams with Carlton uniform but geelong cats any help be much appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/283240213391

Yours sincerely
Craig

footycards.jpg

I’ll try and help you out mate. Even with those certificates they are just an in person signature. This series actually had official signature cards but even those wouldn’t be worth $200 each. I’m not trying to upset you or be a prick, but these just won’t sell for $200 each, I’d be surprised if they sold for half that to be honest.

So only $100 each? i would sell the 6 for $500 i didn't pay that much for them would be making some money. Free postage would that be a good deal? there is 6 certificates i paid $100 for them because i didn't know if the signatures were real.

So only $100 each?

In person signatures are very hard to gauge a price on mate, with or without certificates. I personally don’t touch them and they don’t have a place in my collection. As I said, I’d be surprised if they sold for $100 each as the official sigs from this release only sell for about that and even less. I can’t help with price too much as I pay no attention to in person sigs, but wouldn’t imagine anyone would pay $100 each. I don’t want to offend you, but whoever told you you could get $200 each got your hopes up unfortunately.

That is what legends and heros card shop in richmond swan street told me they were worth each when i got the certificates done there in perfect condition really wanted to get some money for Christmas. What should i do really need the coin could anyone help with $$$ i will do a good deal on the 6 what would be fair ?

'edit'
Seen one other one selling on ebay for $250 as well

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1994-Dy...h=item56aea4bbf6:g:gg4AAOSwqoZa7YIv:rk:1:pf:0

Last edited:
Hi there Craig
nice cards good signatures, the cheapest part of the set is the legends and heroes coa, anyone can print and authorise a coa and that makes them generally worthless, unless there is a players assoc. or afl authentication with them.
the original series had 500 signed cards of each player and you can pick them up for under $150.
i am no expert but have been around for a while and you could get $200 for all 6 signatures. the guy that told you that you can get $200 a signature was way off and if i were you i would go back to him and say i'll do you a good deal you said they were worth $200 you can have them for $100 each. i know what his answer would be.
i got 3 dunstall's and 2 rehn's signed in person and wouldn't expect to get more than $20 each if i were to sell them.
no offense with the pricing but that is how i see it.
its disappointing to see that people out there try to push their own product when they wouldn't even buy it themselves at the prices they stated.

I would take $250 posted or pickup on the information you guys have provided never dealt with afl cards before just bought them because they were cheap.

A personally signed card collector can probably help but tbh I would be amazed if you get 100 each and definitely not an easy sell!! Would be best to go to eBay and look at what price the unsigned cards go for and then evaluate how much you think people will pay extra to buy a signed version rather than just go and get the card signed themselves. A these players are fait east to get signatures off

i paid $100 for them and another $100 to get the certificates so i paid $200 and went all the way to Richmond to get certs would take $250 to get my money back. Can provide more pictures if anyone is interested

Ahh ok fair enough may be an uphill battle to get the $250 back but good luck. Have you tried posting to Facebook pages as I know there are a few ip collectors there

I have relisted the cards on my ebay for $40 each with free postage they were at $200 each plus postage :S hoping that is a more realistic price. Thanks for the brutal honesty but now i might have a chance at recouping my money, at $30-$40 each or $200 - $250 for the lot i hope they sell because I've already paid for them there really neat cards just not interested in keeping them.

ouch a little loss but tbh the guy was trying to rip you off so you did well to nearly break even! glad you got a sale!

bloke doing certificates of authenticity appears to have been talking you up to get them authenticised with him unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom