Getting Your Cards ORGAZINED..... Ultra Pro Magnetic One Touch - ALL Different Sizes?

Basketball

NBA 50 GREATEST
Real Name
Mr. Basketball
I will be testing all the different sizes of the Ultra Pro Magnetic One Touch holders. You know, those famous 35pt., 55pt., 75pt., 100pt., 130pt., 180pt., and now the all new 360pt.!!! :eek: Am I missing any sizes?

The only one I currently know is the 35pt. size which fits normal cards, like 1961 Fleer, 1986 Fleer, 1994-95 Hoops, 1996-97 Topps........... Just throwing some random sets out there, but these pretty much hold any basic flat cards.

I just made a few purchases of all the different sizes, and since I have pretty much at least one card from most famous and lesser known sets and everything in between, I will be testing each holder size to see what's what, and I will then share the results with you.

Here is what I bought:

I will start with the handy dandy self seal graded card sleeves. I bought (10) count of 100 in each bag - total of 1,000.

These will fit your PSA and BGS graded cards perfectly, but they do much more than that! They also work wonders with one touches, screw downs, top loarders... The protect against any scratches that your holders might get from normal wear and tear, and more important, they protect the cards from dust!!!!!!!!!!! Which can be a real card killer is you don't watch out. You can keep your cases nice and clean and scratch free, for both you and the potencial next owner of the card. Buyers always love to have a nice clean case that they can keep, rather then have to throw it away...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Next up is the one touch holders...

Will start with the pt 35. Which as I mentioned before, these are good for pretty much every regular sized flat card. (non-jersey/patch). Just the basic thin cards. I only purchased 25 of these and will see how many I need after...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Then comes the rest of the sizes which as I mentioned before i'm not sure of... so I will test them once they come in or once I get the chance, and will share the results with you. I bought 25 of each size other than the 180pt. which I bought 20 units and the 360pt. size which I bought only 12 units. I gotta test everything and then see how many I need to buy...

First we have the 55pt.

Next is the 75tp.

Next is the 100pt.

Next is the 130pt.

Then we have the 180pt.

Finally we have the 360pt. :eek:

I am very excited about getting my cards all organied and actually be able to enjoy them propely... My cards are safe right now, but they're all in different holders - from top loaders to one touches, to card savers, some with tape all around it.............. Just a mess!! :eek:

I started by going to Walmart and buying these ---> Walmart.com: Sterilite 3-Drawer Medium Cart, Arctic White, Set of 2: Storage & Organization

Once I was able to get all my cards into ONE place, rather than have them all over the house, then it got me thinking of buying all the one touches for them. But since the card companies make cards all different sizes these days it's very hard to keep track, so I will test as many cards I can and get to the bottom of all this. If there are cards that I need to test that I don't yet have, I don't mind buying one on ebay...

Any help along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking, and hope that together we can figure all these sizes out :)!

Happy collecting!

Giovanni

So.... you are trying to make a list of what size one touch is needed for each different type of card?

Sorry if I'm way off, but I'm not 100% on what the goal is??

I always thought when it came to thickness of the cards, you could simply pile as many standard cards (20pt) on top of each other until the thickness is the same and just add it up??

/\/\ there are 20pt holders? i thought 35 was the smallest?

No, I meant the card thickness is 20pt. Well, that's what the 'official' measurement is. The 35pt holder is the one which is designed to hold it without putting pressure on the card.

For example, if you have a patch card, you would stack as many 'standard' cards next to it until the thickness is the same. Then for every base card you have, add 20. If it is 6 base cards thick, you have 120 pt and would choose a 130pt holder as it is the closest without going under!

I am sure I read this when I first went looking for info on them. I could be wrong, but from what I remember, the
'pt' system is an ACTUAL thickness unit of measurement so it makes sense that it can work this way??

Good luck Gio, I bought about 100 one touches a while back but didn't get the team bags to cover them now they have light scratches all over them. I'll get around to buying a new batch soon and i'll be getting the team bags to protect them this time

Thanks, guys. Yeah man that stinks! I would hate top spend money on the cases and then they get scratched up... Good luck next time around.

drob50, Forgive me but i'm getting so confused with all that haha. My goal is to be able to put a face(card) to each size holder. Make a little chart or something that will tell me for the future which cards go to which case size... Example, which holder is right for a Panini Silhouettes, and so on. I don't want to go through the trouble of measuring cards and stacking base cards up and all that. That's why I just say the heck with it and I went ahead and bought every single size. Hope that explains it.

Thanks, guys. Yeah man that stinks! I would hate top spend money on the cases and then they get scratched up... Good luck next time around.

drob50, Forgive me but i'm getting so confused with all that haha. My goal is to be able to put a face(card) to each size holder. Make a little chart or something that will tell me for the future which cards go to which case size... Example, which holder is right for a Panini Silhouettes, and so on. I don't want to go through the trouble of measuring cards and stacking base cards up and all that. That's why I just say the heck with it and I went ahead and bought every single size. Hope that explains it.

Mate, good luck to you!! A quick reference guide with most of the common cards would be VERY helpful to a lot of people!

Personally I would have tried to see if there was a logical way to calculate or measure them before spending all the $$$, but I guess your way is a sure thing!! :thumbsup:

Are there any cheap places in Aus to by bulk amount of toploaders and one touches without paying tonnes in postage? I see lots of toploaders online for like $30-40 for 100, but the postage is always more then the actual top loaders cost.

/\/\ your in brisbane, so you could duck into fatbreak cards in nundah. i usually pick up my sleeves, loaders, one touches from there to save on postage. they dont have much NBA tho and the stuff they do have is over-priced. i use them only for supplies.

Mate, good luck to you!! A quick reference guide with most of the common cards would be VERY helpful to a lot of people!

Personally I would have tried to see if there was a logical way to calculate or measure them before spending all the $$$, but I guess your way is a sure thing!! :thumbsup:

Thank you. That's what I want to do, come up with a guide/chart with the most common cards... then as time goes by we can keep addiding to the list.

Believe me, I don't have the time nor the patience to do it logically hahahahaha :D :thumbsdown: I want to get it done once and for all, the easy way and sure way.

is there something between 180 and 360? Just tried to put my passing the torch and it doesn't fit.

Like this one

passing-torch_front_bryant.jpg

Back
Top Bottom