Getting a Digital Camera. Help needed!

Hey bud, the main things to look out for when buying a digital camera are the following that I can remember off the top of my head:

1. Make sure the camera uses a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, because normal batteries just don't do it.
2. Make sure the camera is optical zoom and not digital zoom.
3. Most memory cards are affordable, but some are cheaper than others.
4. If you're going to get something with a high MP, then you have to have a very good printer unless you just get them printed at the shop.

Thats about all I can think of off the top of your head. As a multiple digital camera owner if you don't check any of the following things before you buy, you will kick yourself! Kodak camera's are good and have most of the features on most of their range. Not too sure about Samsung's though.

actually Li-Ion batteries arent always the best choice, 2500+mAh AA's are fine and if ya batteries die in the field you can always replace them with some cheapies from the shop that u can then throw away, cant do that with Li-Ion's

as for if thats a good camera, it all depends what you are going to be using it for? is it just for snaps of the family and holidays? then yeh it would be fine for that

if you have any other questions shoot me a PM as im a keen amateur photographer and i should be able to help ya out, or point you to some helpful websites,

cheers

Thanks guys. I'm after a camera for family pictures etc and pictures of my MJ collection.

Is there a webiste where they show the difference between say a 3MP,4MP or 5MP camera?

samtheman: try dpreview.com has reviews on heaps of cameras, with sample images and that

depending on the size you want to blow images up to 4mp should be more than enough (will allow decent 8x10 enlargement)

Back
Top Bottom