General Noob Question: 08 Skybox Metal Universe PMG Red

potatocouch

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Maria Selena
I have a very silly question (noob here).

I'm referring to this link here and let me take an example of Tim Duncan PMG (Red):

Tim Duncan 08 Skybox Metal Universe PMG Red /40 $39.87 1/31/11 160537262893
Tim Duncan 08 Skybox Metal Universe PMG Red /40 $55.00 3/12/11 170612989257
Tim Duncan 08 Skybox Metal Universe PMG Red /40 $91.53 4/09/11 110671016059 duncan-collector

They're all PMG (Red), same player (Tim Duncan) ... but why the price are so different? Why they vary in prices?

They don't seem to be graded and the difference is only the number x/xx/xx xxxxxxxxxxx; what are they?

From the 1st one to 2nd: it jump by $15.
From the 2nd one to 3rd: it jump by $46.
And if we calculate from 1st to the 3rd: it jump by whooping $51.

Apology for the amateur question; just starting to collect NBA cards :)

Maybe i can help,

Thing is with this set, they have a very visible issue with surface condition most of these cards bubble on the surface so it can look very bad in some cards.
So im assuming these wouldnt sell very well, but if a decent one comes along everyone who collects that player would be onto it and therefore be willing to pay more than average for one.

Thats my guess.

Hope it helps.

Are these auctions from 2011?

This set did see a spike in price for a while there also.

But Sergio is right on the money.

Might I add, this was one of the MOST overrated sets of all time IMO. They looked crap in hand and have more surface damage from natural causes than ANY card in the history of cards.

yep...very condition sensitive...and looking at them now they are pretty average in hand..but star players still command a high price, I sold my lebron james green last year for a shade under $4k, I have the red version also in my collection still, glad I sold my green when I did as they seem to degrade over time, my red was in perfect condition, part of the reason why I got it, looked at it recently and it has started to lift and bubble, I know others who have the same issue, so I warn you all, don't hold these long term for investments as they are sure t degrade, mine hasn't seen the light either and has been securely looked away...go figure!!

Back
Top Bottom