Game of Thrones S5, Spellcasters and SW Evolution

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
Went away for 10 days and came back to lots of cards waiting to be opened. One case Game of Thrones season 5, 4 sets of Perna Spellcasters and 2 cases of Star Wars Evolution. Very exciting and the first cards I have opened for ages.

The Game of Thrones case delivered the expected very nice set and inserts. I hit two rarer autos - Siddig as Dorna Martell (EL) and Harington as Jon Snow (VL). I also got the 1 per 5 case dragonglass relic, which was a great start (no sketches though).

I opened the Spellcasters next. A fabulous set. Base cards are all beautiful, nice inserts and stunning sketches. I only do the Mythology and Spellcasters sets from Perna so have been waiting for over a year!

As well as the base sets and sketches, I got the full set of 4 spot foil and the metal chase ERM1

Yuriko Shirou dragon / Gransoull elf

spellcastersiishirou.jpg
spellcasters2gransaull.jpg

Sumbing dragon / Sanna U elf

spellcasters2sumbing.jpg
spellcasters2umemoto.jpg

Then onto SW. Topps have done a nice job on these. A very standard boring case though, best hit was a numbered Snap Wexley auto (out of 10). The second case was entirely different. Second box had a Mark Hamill (1/5) auto, there was a 25cc Ray Park auto in a middle box and the final box had a 1/1 Taylor Gray printing plate auto. I was one auto short overall but I won't be chasing. Also a short print base in each case. The sketches were good but all head shots so I won't be keeping them - they are the first four at http://www.jbadham.biz/Cards/TradeSketchesStarWars/index.html if you are interested.

The Spellcaster sets are nice, I got a few last time. Just wish the Perna's could handle the release a bit better...was a bit of a mess last time and so many end up being sold immediately it seems...don't suppose it can be helped with the small print run etc...

Back
Top Bottom