Future of Australian cricket.

I have to say he looked really disappointed getting out today....I think he thought he was going to be in there for a while!

Cheers
Matt

Compo, this post backs up the point made by Kim Hughes in an article today:
Phil Hughes 'deficient' at Test level | Herald Sun

"The real issue is that apart from NSW - who are producing Test cricketers left, right and centre - no-one else is,'' Hughes said.

"Western Australia are not producing any, apart from maybe Shaun Marsh, Queensland are really struggling, SA just gets everyone from every other state but who are they producing?
"Tasmania? Victoria have won Sheffield Shields but who have they produced since Warnie?

"There are some bigger issues here and every other state needs to get up to speed with NSW. They are clearly doing something right because they are producing some excellent talent, and they have for many years.''

"The real issue is that apart from NSW - who are producing Test cricketers left, right and centre - no-one else is,'' Hughes said.

"Western Australia are not producing any, apart from maybe Shaun Marsh, Queensland are really struggling, SA just gets everyone from every other state but who are they producing?
"Tasmania? Victoria have won Sheffield Shields but who have they produced since Warnie?

"There are some bigger issues here and every other state needs to get up to speed with NSW. They are clearly doing something right because they are producing some excellent talent, and they have for many years.''

I have the disagree with that statement, you wait and see. In the next 5 years i reckon we will see some great all-round talent coming from WA...

It is said that "When NSW is strong, Australia is strong".

who can forget the interview with Richie Benaud when the interviewer asked him "was it true that when a player was selected to play for the New South Wales Shield side and presented with his NSW cap they were also presented with a baggy green cap in a brown paper bag" to which Richie replied "that is not entirely true.....it was in a white paper bag"....classic

One young guy from WA to watch is Tom Beaton, i think he made his debut this year and made 70 odd in a one dayer. Possibly Mitch Marsh if he can stay fit but a bit like his brother is always getting struck down by injuries. Would have to say that Maddison is the best around at this stage. There are a few young guys around but they will take a couple of years to develop.

Let's face it, NSW has the population also.

And we're sooooooooooooooooooo good too. The best.

My test team for Melbourne would be:
Hughes
Watson
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Harris

...just to squeeze in more blue baggers.

LOL...
:)
Pretty much just jokes.

Let's face it, NSW has the population also.

And we're sooooooooooooooooooo good too. The best.

My test team for Melbourne would be:
Hughes
Watson
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Harris

...just to squeeze in more blue baggers.

LOL...
:)
Pretty much just jokes.

Hughes = Blues
Watson= Blues
Khawaja= Blues
Clarke= Blues
Hussey
Smith= Blues
Haddin= Blues
Johnson
Siddle