Future Force 2016

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Anyone heard any rumours about this year's Future Force release? Is it going to come out around draft day (November 25) again? What do you want to see in this year's release?

I could have sworn I saw a Facebook/Twitter post from select weeks ago showing a Dangerfield past draft insert from Future Force 2016, but it's now gone.

This was on Twitter this morning...

CuZH9NBVUAAUWb7.jpg:large

If there's any product where Select can go above and beyond at all,
it's this one.

I mean, how awesome would it be to get a 1/1 or low numbered card of a top prospect in the draft?

Plus, no kids touch this product, and some other collectors stay away from it.
Loads of room to do some really nice stuff in Future Force, without needing to worry about fairness in boxes or anything

This was on Twitter this morning...

CuZH9NBVUAAUWb7.jpg:large
Good find! It doesn't have an obvious colour, like the red or green signatures in recent series: unless they've gone back to gold? I really liked the gold ones, so I'd be quite happy if that was the case.
If there's any product where Select can go above and beyond at all,
it's this one.

I mean, how awesome would it be to get a 1/1 or low numbered card of a top prospect in the draft?

Plus, no kids touch this product, and some other collectors stay away from it.
Loads of room to do some really nice stuff in Future Force, without needing to worry about fairness in boxes or anything
What do you mean by "without needing to worry about fairness in boxes"? I'd have thought that would be kind of important.

I think it looks like they will be doing a subset in honour of 20 years of the Ais academy. I presume with a card with the best player from each induction.

Those sigs look very nice I don't mind future force always a bit of fun allthough recently values have not held very well

Good find! It doesn't have an obvious colour, like the red or green signatures in recent series: unless they've gone back to gold? I really liked the gold ones, so I'd be quite happy if that was the case.

What do you mean by "without needing to worry about fairness in boxes"? I'd have thought that would be kind of important.
Well that's true lol

I meant without collectors having to complain about the "average collector" not being able to get those hits when buying boxes because of low numbering. It's a product which not as many people buy (well, hardly anybody) so you could do some really cool things with that set.

I think it looks like they will be doing a subset in honour of 20 years of the Ais academy. I presume with a card with the best player from each induction.

Those sigs look very nice I don't mind future force always a bit of fun allthough recently values have not held very well
The prices for FF autos are abhorrent.

I mean, I got offered $10 for Josh Kelly, a #2 pick at a team that were unlucky not to make the Grand Final, and a player who is playing well at the moment.

I don't get it...

The prices for FF autos are abhorrent.

I mean, I got offered $10 for Josh Kelly, a #2 pick at a team that were unlucky not to make the Grand Final, and a player who is playing well at the moment.

I don't get it...

Not in team colours is my guess as to why these cards just don't have good currency.

Yep spot on. Plus the fact that it is so hot and miss and the boxes are so cheap. So with one sig every box and at only $50 hard to gain to much value

They announced a team earlier in the year of the best 20 players to come through the academy. Could be multiple players per year.

NAB AFL ACADEMY 20 in 20 TEAM
DEFENDERS:
Joel Corey (Geel), Ben Reid (Coll), Luke Hodge (Haw), Grant Birchall (Haw), Michael Hurley (Ess), Jarrad McVeigh (Syd)
MIDFIELDERS: Chris Judd (WC/Carl), Patrick Dangerfield (Adel/Geel), Shaun Burgoyne (PA/Haw), Joel Selwood (captain, Geel), Cameron Ling (Geel), Nic Naitanui (WC)
FORWARDS: Cyril Rioli (Haw), Lance Franklin (Haw/Syd), Chad Wingard (PA), Luke Parker (Syd), Josh Kennedy (Carl/WC), Jarryd Roughead (Haw)
I/C: Scott Thompson (Melb/Adel), Daniel Wells (NM)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-24/joel-selwood-named-as-captain-of-20-in-20-academy-allstar-team

Found a pic of Dangerfield on Footycards Twitter page.

CtB2MdtVMAQwAb9.jpg

Nice find yep that will be the set then. Shame as I was hoping for some GWS or GC :(
You better have lots of cash for this year's releases bro;
There are so many damn academy players for GWS & GC this year going towards the top of the draft, and that's on top of the picks they already have...

Yep could be in trouble hahah can it match 2012 when there was 7 from GWS and Gold Coast lol
From the academies alone...

Jack Bowes (top 5 prospect)
Brad Scheer (first or second round)
Will Setterfield (first round)
Harry Perriman (first round)
Kobe Mutch (first or second round)

Back
Top Bottom