Futera Files Questions

ooneil

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Owen
Hey all,

Got the "Futera Files" in the mail today. Here is the first of probably a few questions.

How do you tell the difference between the 93/94 Retail Edition and Premier Edition?

Cheers, Owen

Anyone?? Is there even a difference between the Retail and Premier Edition. Someone must know.

Owen, the base sets are identical.

Retail inserts were the 5 awards cards and the Bradman redemption.

Premier inserts were 8 great cricket memories, Holdsworth hat trick and Border Master.

The Premier packs had PREMIER written across the front of them while the retail did not. The Premier boxes were much more sought after due to having far more inserts and also the Border gold seal auto redemption (there were only about 1600 premier boxes off the top of my head).

I have both wrappers, I can scan them up tonight mate if you want.

Thanks mate. Thought they may have been the same but it did not say either way in the futera files.

A scan of the wrappers would be great.

Owen here are the two 1993/94 Futera packs - premier had 12 cards per pack, retail 9 cards per pack:

1-4.jpg

Back of premier pack:
2-4.jpg

Back of retail pack:
3-3.jpg

And here is a retail box I have (clearly stating RETAIL EDITION on bottom left corner). I don't have a Premier box unfortunately.

4-3.jpg

5-5.jpg

Sweet Brad - thanks for posting. If you ever come across spares of this stuff let me know.

Gday mate

From memory there were 4 error cards in the Retail edition.

Cards 12 & 13 Geoff Marsh and DamienMartyn & 36 & 37 Cullinan and Donald had the wrong pictures printed on the front of the cards.
This was rectified in the Premier edition.

Is this mentioned in the Futera File?

thanks

Yep, it's all in there - get yourself a copy of the Futera File Mick, it is a treasure trove of info :thumbsup:

Owen here are the two 1993/94 Futera packs - premier had 12 cards per pack, retail 9 cards per pack:

1-4.jpg

Back of premier pack:
2-4.jpg

Back of retail pack:
3-3.jpg

And here is a retail box I have (clearly stating RETAIL EDITION on bottom left corner). I don't have a Premier box unfortunately.

4-3.jpg

5-5.jpg
You don't recall the number of retail boxes that were made do you? I believe Premier edition had 2k.

Back
Top Bottom