Funny Meme's

Its not a meme but still funny...

IMG_1029.JPG

Its not a meme but still funny...

IMG_1029.JPG
I think Moses gets some unwarranted criticism, the Tigers prioritised him 3rd and withdrew a contract off the table for him.

He would of done what everyone one would of done in that circumstance explore his options, found an opportunity and took it up as there was no guarantees that Tigers would of come back to him.

Ivan old school and not releasing a player as he's contracted to the club for the rest of the year but is happy to get malakai watene-zeleniak from panthers mid season.

I'm not convinced the Moses fiasco went down that way in that he signed with the Eels as he had no option available to him at the Tigers.

It was reported at the time that the contract was withdrawn after the Tigers learnt he had already signed with the Eels before it was announced and during the cooling off. The "spin" was put on the timing of events to make him not seem like a bad guy to the Tigers fans and to make it seem the Tigers board actually had some spine.

Ross

I'm not convinced the Moses fiasco went down that way in that he signed with the Eels as he had no option available to him at the Tigers.

It was reported at the time that the contract was withdrawn after the Tigers learnt he had already signed with the Eels before it was announced and during the cooling off. The "spin" was put on the timing of events to make him not seem like a bad guy to the Tigers fans and to make it seem the Tigers board actually had some spine.

Ross
There was a significant contract there for months and reasons unknown he didn't sign it (maybe uncertainty over the future direction of the club ie coaching position).

think it's a bit rich of Ivan Cleary to go on about not releasing him when he's happy to pick players up from other clubs mid year while contracted

Good to have another club overtaking us as the club that is in dramas every week this year, quite happy to pass the baton on ;)

I can understand Cleary not releasing him, he's got no one else of any quality to fill the roll, I wouldn't let him go either.

It's a bit of a stretch comparing Moses a first string regular top grader with no logical replacement with the case of Malakai Watene-Zeleniak who is no chance of playing NRL unless Hook decides to suspended the entire back line again.

Anyway I too am happy all the media noise this year is a long way away from The Red V and focused on other teams.

Ross

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Ivan will be more than willing to release Moses if we get a mid season transfer of someone that can fill the position sufficiently. Makes no sense at all to release him with limited back-up options and depth available.

May not be too far away -

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/reports-tuimoala-lolohea-given-permission-to-shop-around

Geez Lolohea is talked up something chronic in Australia. Matty Johns seems to love him. All flash no substance imo. Mind you, if anyone can bring a bit of steel out in a player it is Ivan.

I'd be quite happy to see the back of him - 5th choice half at the Warriors, third choice fullback and dropping dramatically down the pecking order on the wing. Centre perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom