Full time Tassie Team & Lions-Suns Merger

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
I know this is not particularly related to cards/collectibles but it's something I feel strongly about.

I think a full-time team for Tasmania could take place should a merger take place between Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns - yes I know supporters of these clubs might condemn me for such idea (not to mention drama5 lol) however as Queensland is arguably the least traditional Aussie Rules state, it could well be a goer. This procedure could be the solution to introduce a full-time team in Tassie without having a built-in bye plus the awkward number of 19 teams in the league as to make 20, no region on the horizon is practical to do so or at least any time soon.

So bottom line:
Team 16: GWS Giants stay as they are!!!
Team 17: Southeast Queensland Sea Lions lol - play home games both at GABBA and Carara
Team 18: Tasmanian Devils - play homes games at both Blundstone Arena and UT stadium

I live in Tassie and would love a Tassie team but I'm just not sure our state could support a stand alone team. It's a nice dream but sponsorships and the AFL would need to financially prop a Tassie club up and I'm not sure it would work.

I live in Tassie and would love a Tassie team but I'm just not sure our state could support a stand alone team. It's a nice dream but sponsorships and the AFL would need to financially prop a Tassie club up and I'm not sure it would work.
Interesting to hear that

Back
Top Bottom