FULL SET OF 2013 Elite signatures, 36sigs

So what you are saying is that there is more than one idiot out there, then me. To get all 36 has cost a bit, just seeing if it was worth it.
Cheers, Wayne,

several idiots out there. theres a few i know of, who have every sig from 2000 to 2013.

In time the price will increase. Right now no one really wants them.. NRL card collecting seems to be going down hill atm.. Maybe it's ESP, but maybe it's the crap that's going on with the sport.

The league sensations are great.... They're decent players at least and at the prices they're selling for, everyone can have their favourite player... The future stars are crazy... Around $2000 for some players who will be nobody's?

The future stars are crazy... Around $2000 for some players who will be nobody's?

Yep, a short print run will always save you if the player does bust though. AFL's Future Force series proved that last year by limiting Sigs to /30 for players who had not even been drafted to the AFL yet. Kids that still didn't get drafted on draft day were still selling for $200

Last edited:
This obsession with rookies/future stars is staring to wear thin. The first signature series back in 2001 was a great innovation but years later it's become a bore. The 2013 Traders was a ridiculously unattainable set. Elite featured some of the most obscure names in NRL card history.
Why??? What is the attraction??? How many NRL card collectors want no-name rookies at the expense of a more diverse choice of inserts?
Is it some lame attempt to mimic American sports cards? We have nothing in common with American sports and if they wanted to go that way there would be so many more attractive options. WTF???

It is related to costing. Rookie / no name players have no bargaining power. They all get the same signing fee and it's non negotiable. It's this affordability which makes it easier to get signature cards in a series. Once a player is established, ESP (or whatever company holds the licence) needs to negotiate through the players managers...asking prices vary, costings increase.

It is related to costing. Rookie / no name players have no bargaining power. They all get the same signing fee and it's non negotiable. It's this affordability which makes it easier to get signature cards in a series. Once a player is established, ESP (or whatever company holds the licence) needs to negotiate through the players managers...asking prices vary, costings increase.
I understand the asking prices for signatures is the issue, but how would sales be impacted by a wider range of signatures from established players? Or even a wider range of insert sets (what an innovation that would be). Boost sales perhaps? No cases sitting collecting dust and destined for the incinerator?
I actually believe that cramming these sets full of rookies because it's a cheap option is an insult to collectors. Particularly when they feature as the top hit, as with Traders, and are out of the price range (and interest) of the average collector.

Last edited:
I've always liked the future force/top prospects concept if a player is in their first year of 1st grade. It is nice to make an investment and see if it can pay off - especially when you are only paying $30 for the card.

Future Stars at $90 and Young Guns at $150 is not a sustainable concept and will wear thin very quickly. For me as a Warrior's Fan it would cost $250 for two players that will probably never play first grade again. Kaveinga wasn't even able to make the 17 for the Under 20s, which is just ridiculous.

I think they need to either drop the U20s concept or insert a wide range of players at a much larger frequency (but still at a reasonably short-print) - ie a couple per box. They need to be devalued to be worth having in future sets imho.

Back
Top Bottom