Footy Stars 2021

Finally purchased a Will Day Marquee card at a price I was happy with, it arrived a couple of days ago. Must say it's not one of those cards that look better in hand, it's a bit underwhelming to be honest. Showstoppers are a much better looking card. I usually like that nice clean design but these are just lacking impact. That's just my opinion though, happy for others to disagree.
Totally agree with this.

Originally, I thought the card was designed with an indent to mimic that of a frame, however we now know it's not that at all. That ruined it for me.

Finally purchased a Will Day Marquee card at a price I was happy with, it arrived a couple of days ago. Must say it's not one of those cards that look better in hand, it's a bit underwhelming to be honest. Showstoppers are a much better looking card. I usually like that nice clean design but these are just lacking impact. That's just my opinion though, happy for others to disagree.
true that!
I was very happy I played the "wait" game with my Shai Bolton marquee. Scored it for a great price.
Very glad to add it to the collection, but the Showstoppers are light years ahead in design and look.
it's the frame/border I'm not a fan off. Makes the card look to small.

Couldn't agree more: show stoppers was certainly a better concept in particular the foil stamp colour coding - and man I wished there was were platinum show stoppers instead of another round of influential as the bonus top end in dominance (depicting a former star per club and Greene for GWS)
agree with the s.s thoughts Eljah..
but playing down the "influentials" is a crime!
some of the best cards select have ever released.

true that!
I was very happy I played the "wait" game with my Shai Bolton marquee. Scored it for a great price.
Very glad to add it to the collection, but the Showstoppers are light years ahead in design and look.
it's the frame/border I'm not a fan off. Makes the card look to small.

That’s exactly what I thought too, the large frame makes the cards look small. Originally I thought the white boarder would work, but it just doesn’t and it’s quite a plain card visually.

Totally agree about the look and feel of Marquee. Nice typefont used but the border should have been emphasised on thicker stock. Not much thicker than a common card.

I personally don't like the stadium graphic used, seems overused on Select cards. Decent card but not case hit worthy especially compared to Showstoppers which is just an amazing look card in hand.

the main problem with the frame is its out of proportion to the image, it takes up way to much of the card space which means that the select logo and the numbering are then forced to far from the top corners of the card and too far into the photos

Has anyone noticed the crazy high prices the carlton BnF redemption has been selling for.

Crazy high prices on AFL cards in general.

I personally know many people who have sold up and moved on because it's quickly becoming NBA comparable.

Crazy high prices on AFL cards in general.

I personally know many people who have sold up and moved on because it's quickly becoming NBA comparable.
Agree on the crazy high prices of AFL cards. However, I've seen so many people buy into so many breaks then sell up their PC's because the hobby's become too expensive. It doesn't make sense to me. Collect within your means, participate in breaks responsibly and acquiring every card isn't possible. Apply some financial restraints and the hobby becomes so much more enjoyable.

Agree on the crazy high prices of AFL cards. However, I've seen so many people buy into so many breaks then sell up their PC's because the hobby's become too expensive. It doesn't make sense to me. Collect within your means, participate in breaks responsibly and acquiring every card isn't possible. Apply some financial restraints and the hobby becomes so much more enjoyable.
I just collect Sam Mitchell for that reason and I love it, don't need to spend thousands to have a nice collection

I got rid of it all and started collecting figures and non-sport cards. Less drama, less politics, less flippers and a whole lot more fun in the relative communities.

Back
Top Bottom