Footy Stars 2021

Does anyone have a competition card from this release and if so could they post a scanned image of it in this thread. Need for the website and struggling to find an image on the web. Thanks
In lieu of a scan:

20210311_144833.jpg

20210311_144759.jpg

I have not seen any packs at 2 of my local servos and the newsagent who always had boxes and binders the whole season through has nothing( I didn't ask him if he'd had any or was expecting any but he always had the binders and boxes in full view).
The binders were awesome. I use them for making master sets of baseball products. If you sell the B&F card they only set you back $10-$15. Cheaper than paying for a chunky binder and boxes of 9 pocket sleeves. I have about 25 Select Footy Stars binders from the last 3 years. Looks like that game is up.

I got my one on ebay, but no real interest so far.

You'll sell it eventually but at what price who knows.

I once asked some people the question as to why predictors go for so much, even when the player is virtually zero chance at winning it. Their answer is simply because it's a numbered card and there is interest in numbered cards because they are special. To me, and look it might be old skool minded, but I can't see the value in a predictor that is not going to be redeemed because the player doesn't stand a chance. That's why I don't buy into them.

You'll sell it eventually but at what price who knows.

I once asked some people the question as to why predictors go for so much, even when the player is virtually zero chance at winning it. Their answer is simply because it's a numbered card and there is interest in numbered cards because they are special. To me, and look it might be old skool minded, but I can't see the value in a predictor that is not going to be redeemed because the player doesn't stand a chance. That's why I don't buy into them.

I have a foot in both camps. I see both sides.

I'd prefer numbered cards with a chance to win it. Lucky i have a few

Finally purchased a Will Day Marquee card at a price I was happy with, it arrived a couple of days ago. Must say it's not one of those cards that look better in hand, it's a bit underwhelming to be honest. Showstoppers are a much better looking card. I usually like that nice clean design but these are just lacking impact. That's just my opinion though, happy for others to disagree.

Finally purchased a Will Day Marquee card at a price I was happy with, it arrived a couple of days ago. Must say it's not one of those cards that look better in hand, it's a bit underwhelming to be honest. Showstoppers are a much better looking card. I usually like that nice clean design but these are just lacking impact. That's just my opinion though, happy for others to disagree.
Couldn't agree more: show stoppers was certainly a better concept in particular the foil stamp colour coding - and man I wished there was were platinum show stoppers instead of another round of influential as the bonus top end in dominance (depicting a former star per club and Greene for GWS)

Back
Top Bottom