Footy Stars 2021

Just saw the preview of the new Kaboom insert....

1613192356043.png

Immediately thought of 2 things.... Panini Kaboom

1613192236314.png

and.........

1613192167980.png

Reactions: BJD
Holographic Base 1:1
Starburst Camo 1:3
Gamebreakers 1:4
Club Acetate 1:6
Milestone 1:8
Bang 1:36
Starburst Lightning 1:72
Brownlow Predictors: 1:108 packs
Premiership Predictors: 1:432 packs

Two Previews to go..

It'll be like the US. Old blokes waiting outside Coles to rip the boxes from the registers!
I hope not. I'd be shocked if that situation was ever replicated with AFL as it's a very small market. But if it did, I think Select might add a few more inserts and parallels and crank up the print run. This is supposed to be the meat and potatoes release and it would be BS if people missed out because of a lack of supply. I'm not suggesting every player gets a Brownlow Predictor card but some form of dilution wouldn't hurt if it means that it is still available to one and all. What happened to the Retail side of the hobby in the US is tragic.

In that said, it's becoming increasingly probable that there will be a series 1.5 again by May whereas I I initially thought presteige was a 1-off due on keep collectors calm during shutdown

The planning for a release from concept to production is 6-12 months. Prestige was being planned long before someone ate a filthy bat in Wuhan

Holographic Base 1:1
Starburst Camo 1:3
Gamebreakers 1:4
Club Acetate 1:6
Milestone 1:8
Bang 1:36
Starburst Lightning 1:72
Brownlow Predictors: 1:108 packs
Premiership Predictors: 1:432 packs

Two Previews to go..

Competition card 1:15

Cards to come should be 1:432 and 1:864

I hope not. I'd be shocked if that situation was ever replicated with AFL as it's a very small market. But if it did, I think Select might add a few more inserts and parallels and crank up the print run. This is supposed to be the meat and potatoes release and it would be BS if people missed out because of a lack of supply. I'm not suggesting every player gets a Brownlow Predictor card but some form of dilution wouldn't hurt if it means that it is still available to one and all. What happened to the Retail side of the hobby in the US is tragic.

Kids can buy as much Teamcoach as they want

Has anyone actually been bothered enough to fill in on of those comp cards and send it in? Even if you do win, who's gonna want to do what takes to get there anyway?!

Has anyone actually been bothered enough to fill in on of those comp cards and send it in? Even if you do win, who's gonna want to do what takes to get there anyway?!
Hi There I'm John and I won 2 years ago - Select were outstanding - we were (family of 4 wife daughter grandson and me to USA but covid struck BUT as soon as we can travel we are off - we hae paid extra to go to Disneyworld in Florida instead of Disneyland in LA. Cannot speak highly enough of Select staff who were so frienldly and helpful - we are going to send photo's back so they can perhaps use as PR

Hi There I'm John and I won 2 years ago - Select were outstanding - we were (family of 4 wife daughter grandson and me to USA but covid struck BUT as soon as we can travel we are off - we hae paid extra to go to Disneyworld in Florida instead of Disneyland in LA. Cannot speak highly enough of Select staff who were so frienldly and helpful - we are going to send photo's back so they can perhaps use as PR
Normally I am not lucky at getting rare cards but last year I got a dusty showstopper and a green and red dusty and i struggled to buy dominance boxes but got 4 from 3 suppliers around australia and in my 4 boxes I got 2 captains signatures - I was excited

Thanks for that story mate! Great to hear as I have had average experiences traveling overseas FYI

Thanks for that story mate! Great to hear as I have had average experiences traveling overseas FYI
I travel overseas a lot - I am now approaching 70 so I go cruising moslty these days. I do not post many comments but watch this site regularly. I do enjoy many fo your comments as I find them so informative - that is whyi chose to reply to you about the disneyalnd trip - I rarely win but at the same time I won a Veteran's claim which also netted me a lot of money. 2020 was a terrible year becasue we coudl nto go anywhere - in 2019 wife and i did 3 months cruising around Europe. I collect AFL, NRL and Cricket cards - did it just for fun as a kid in 50s and 60s and then restarted seriously in 1994 - was still a bit tough then with kids in schools and mortgages etc but since retiring in 2013 money is a little easier and I can collect most of what i want -I get so much good information from so many of the people who put there knowledge on this site. Thank you for your contributions John

Normally I am not lucky at getting rare cards but last year I got a dusty showstopper and a green and red dusty and i struggled to buy dominance boxes but got 4 from 3 suppliers around australia and in my 4 boxes I got 2 captains signatures - I was excited
excited is a understatement, you killed it. congrats mate

Back
Top Bottom