Footy Stars 2021

Looks like there will be something for everyone in this set, although you'll be doing incredibly well to get a decent predictor at those odds.

I'm a big fan of AFLW and had hoped they would do something a bit more significant than the same few players as commons each year. I'd like to see them come out of the common set, and have a one per pack insert set of (say) 84 or 98 cards. If they have to, get rid of the Bang cards which look pretty ordinary and are going to be impossible to complete for 99.9% of people at 1 per box x 144 cards.

Gamebreakers & Club Acetate look pretty good, and milestones are always a great set.

If I can pass on one piece of advice for collectors (and I mean people truly collecting cards for their PC for this set - not flippers) it would be:

Wait. Just wait.

Nothing in this release is super limited.... sure the Lowest is numbered to 70, so instead of buying a box if you must go grab the most limited card first and then wait it out for the rest. I know the big teams always sell well but for less popular teams...... what's the rush?

The first wave will come and the FOMO effect will be in full force. People will be out there spending up to be the first to get cards that will be selling for much much less later on. If you wait, you will probably be able to buy most of the cards you need for less than the price of a box will get you.

When the rest of the stock arrives people will bust and then start dumping stock and supply will outstrip demand. Let others do the hard work and take the financial hit.

In the end you will still be able to complete your team sets (may not be in the first week of the release) but if its 3 months from now does it really matter?

Just my 2 cents.
exceptionally wise words

If I can pass on one piece of advice for collectors (and I mean people truly collecting cards for their PC for this set - not flippers) it would be:

Wait. Just wait.

Nothing in this release is super limited.... sure the Lowest is numbered to 70, so instead of buying a box if you must go grab the most limited card first and then wait it out for the rest. I know the big teams always sell well but for less popular teams...... what's the rush?

The first wave will come and the FOMO effect will be in full force. People will be out there spending up to be the first to get cards that will be selling for much much less later on. If you wait, you will probably be able to buy most of the cards you need for less than the price of a box will get you.

When the rest of the stock arrives people will bust and then start dumping stock and supply will outstrip demand. Let others do the hard work and take the financial hit.

In the end you will still be able to complete your team sets (may not be in the first week of the release) but if its 3 months from now does it really matter?

Just my 2 cents.

Couldn't agree more mate. I have been finding this out over the last 12 months and this is exactly what I try and do. Some of the prices being asked in the first couple of weeks are crazy, but what's even more crazy are some people are paying it. Just wait it out I say, especially with this series 1. Series 2 and any other limited releases might be a different story but with these there's no rush.

Wait. Just wait.

Just my 2 cents.
This!!! Especially with Supremacy in the pipeline, I think this is 100% spot on.

As a Saints collector, I will grab the Coff Marqee early (when a few are at auction at the same time and one or two slip through at unders). I will probably grab the premiership predictor and the Steele brownlow predictor too (just in case we get on an early season role and the prices go north).

But I think you have the rest completely correct.

I did take a couple of years off completely (2015 / 2016), and have struggled to fill a few holes in my PC when trying to buy them 3 or 4 years later. But that is a long wait. As you say, there will come a point 3-6 months from now where these cards are just sitting stagnant on Ebay. For team collectors, that is the time to purchase the other 50 or so cards in the series.

This!!! Especially with Supremacy in the pipeline, I think this is 100% spot on.

As a Saints collector, I will grab the Coff Marqee early (when a few are at auction at the same time and one or two slip through at unders). I will probably grab the premiership predictor and the Steele brownlow predictor too (just in case we get on an early season role and the prices go north).

But I think you have the rest completely correct.

I did take a couple of years off completely (2015 / 2016), and have struggled to fill a few holes in my PC when trying to buy them 3 or 4 years later. But that is a long wait. As you say, there will come a point 3-6 months from now where these cards are just sitting stagnant on Ebay. For team collectors, that is the time to purchase the other 50 or so cards in the series.

I think it depends which cards you are after, if you are after the marquee or a live brownlow i think you will need to grab them early, most others can probably wait. although in saying that finding the Mojo Ruby cards in the cricket (i per box insert set) isnt that easy, and that has never really been an issue in the cricket series before so maybe things will be scarcer than normal

Has anyone actually been bothered enough to fill in on of those comp cards and send it in? Even if you do win, who's gonna want to do what takes to get there anyway?!
I'm not bothered about the trip because the odds of winning it are probably astronomical, but you're some chance at the monthly prize. I got one in 2018. I didn't even know I'd won until an express package turned up at the door with 2 boxes of footy stars, a binder and a Sherrin!. It was only then I went on the website and saw that I was one of the monthly winners. That was a great day.

I'm not bothered about the trip because the odds of winning it are probably astronomical, but you're some chance at the monthly prize. I got one in 2018. I didn't even know I'd won until an express package turned up at the door with 2 boxes of footy stars, a binder and a Sherrin!. It was only then I went on the website and saw that I was one of the monthly winners. That was a great day.
I won the disneyland trip 2 years ago - a fluke but it shows it is real and can be won also the smaller prizes are quit nice - I cruise a lot (I'm old) so winning this prize was excellent so i could add it on to my USA caribbean / alaska cruise. I hardly ever win anything so if I can you might be luckier and as I say the smaller prizes are nice if you jag one.
I read someone mentioned the Ruby cards in recent cricket release - because there is 150 of them they will be hard to collect and I am hearing that stock is diminishing and it will probably sell out - whenever a release selss out prices go up.
My super has done well in past 12 months becasue world wide shares have gone up - but my individual shares are a mixed lot - for every good one I have a dud that has cancelled out the profits - oh! well at least I haven't lost. This civd virus has been good for card collecting as more peoplehave entered the hobby and prices have held firm.
Bytheway i remember when Select staff called me to say i had won the Disneyland trip - Inealry hung up on them because I thought it was a hoax but the caller said look at u tube where draw was taken which i did and showed by name being drawn - I think my grandson was more excited but had no idea what he was excited about.
To the many folk who write here than you _ I learn so much

I won the disneyland trip 2 years ago - a fluke but it shows it is real and can be won also the smaller prizes are quit nice - I cruise a lot (I'm old) so winning this prize was excellent so i could add it on to my USA caribbean / alaska cruise. I hardly ever win anything so if I can you might be luckier and as I say the smaller prizes are nice if you jag one.
I read someone mentioned the Ruby cards in recent cricket release - because there is 150 of them they will be hard to collect and I am hearing that stock is diminishing and it will probably sell out - whenever a release selss out prices go up.
My super has done well in past 12 months becasue world wide shares have gone up - but my individual shares are a mixed lot - for every good one I have a dud that has cancelled out the profits - oh! well at least I haven't lost. This civd virus has been good for card collecting as more peoplehave entered the hobby and prices have held firm.
Bytheway i remember when Select staff called me to say i had won the Disneyland trip - Inealry hung up on them because I thought it was a hoax but the caller said look at u tube where draw was taken which i did and showed by name being drawn - I think my grandson was more excited but had no idea what he was excited about.
To the many folk who write here than you _ I learn so much
I had no doubt the Disney Prize was real. I just never thought about winning it because it literally must be a 1:50,000 shot or higher. Congrats on winning it.

I had no doubt the Disney Prize was real. I just never thought about winning it because it literally must be a 1:50,000 shot or higher. Congrats on winning it.

Useless fact.....

Many years ago I worked with a guy who ran promotions and you would be surprised how few people actually enter them..... especially if they have to do something to enter.

He said on one of his promotions for a national drink product they had less than 50 entries for some decent prizes too.

The issue was people had to cut out a coupon attach it to a form and mail it in. Was too hard for many people to do.

So you had a 1 in 5 shot of winning a decent prize (there was 10 to give away).

Back
Top Bottom