Football Cigarette Cards

stormboy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nigel
Hi All. Just wanting to work out which of these cards I should keep and try and complete a set of. Also which ones are worth not a lot. Would be looking to keep the rarer ones and offload the not so rare ones so that I could try and complete some sets. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have some Besters Sweets Cards, 3 that have the are complete and another 19 that have had the top cut off them (gods know why but they do)

Any help would be appreciated

WD & HO Wills card Front.jpg

WD & HO Wills Card Back.jpg

Magpie Cigarettes JJ Schuh Front.jpg

Magpie Cigarettes JJ Schuh Back.jpg

Kornies Football Card Front.jpg

Kornies Football Card Back.jpg

Standard Cig Cards Front.jpg

Standard Cig Cards Back.jpg

Hoadleys Footy cards Front.jpg

Atlantic Footy Cards Front.jpg

Atlantic Footy Cards Back.jpg

Well here's my 2cents worth on these (From top to bottom):
1933 Wills Cards- Considered the most 'common' of the cigarette cards, probably $5-10 each no more.
1920 Magpie Cigarettes - These look in decent, good/ex nick on the front, apart from maybe the horizontal
one with the imperfection, and they are 'money' teams so probably $15-25 each.
1952 Kornies - Again having Collingwood and Essendon helps add a premium to these although looks like a few
of them have foxing (the brown staining) as this was common in this set. The Rose maybe $30, the others
maybe $15/20 each.
1933 Carreras - Dyer the pick of the whole set, and it looks best nick of these, probably $60-80, the rest $10-15 each.
1933 Godfrey Phillips - Fairly common cards these ones, maybe $5/7 each. There are some text backs variants that may
add a couple of dollars.
Atlantic 1958 - Again these are reasonably common the back of the Barassi looks pretty clean so 40-60 for that one
maybe, and 20 the rest

The Besters being more cardboard-y than 'card' would be condition specific priced, more for the 'full' cards and dont worry
it was common practice to have 'short' and 'long' versions of them that were cut. If any of them that you have are the Bob
Johnson I'd be keen on seeing scans of it.

Hope this gives you a 'guideline' on what they could get in the open market, please dont take this as gospel only my
educated guess...

Thanks very much Wattsup. That info has been invaluable. They are actually worth more than what I thought

Back
Top Bottom