First attempt at designing cards

knights98

#1 Knights Collector!
Real Name
Richard
Hi everyone,
I was having a play around this morning and I managed to design two cards.
I designed a knights logo common card and a kurt gidley insert (not sure what to call it yet!)
Let me know what you think!

kurt gidley 1 insert.jpg

knights logo 1.jpg

The logo one needs better centering ;) and the design of the other one just doesn't seem like a good colour to use for cards (just honest feedback). The logo one would be good if it was just the logo aspects super imposed over the card colour, so no white.

yeah render the logo so no background. ill have a go later at something similar to these. what program are you using.

Thanks guys,
Yeah I realised about the logo I actually had rendered it but then accidently changed it back!
I just used microsoft word and photo impression 5

ok well i had ago at the gidley with CS5. here is what i came up with, it has room for an auto. dont know wheather i liked better with or without the border but its there now.

---------- Post added 24-10-2010 at 10:08 AM ----------

i saved it as a psd if anyone wants it to try and touch it up.

---------- Post added 24-10-2010 at 10:30 AM ----------

im going to go redo it with a different border.

Pretty good for a first shot and no photoshop :)

I had a go at adjusting yours a bit GiRDS-, will post it soon ;)

i just did a few more with a few minor adjustments awell. few more players as well, there not fully finished need to eb touched up, but you get the general idea. just realised text isn't in the middle on most of them, but can be fixed.

i just did a few more with a few minor adjustments awell. few more players as well, there not fully finished need to eb touched up, but you get the general idea. just realised text isn't in the middle on most of them, but can be fixed.

They're sweet! Prefer no border though... reckon you can show me one with no border?

They're sweet! Prefer no border though... reckon you can show me one with no border?

yeah will do, heading off to my soccer presentation now though.

DAVE - Random is an understatement ahahaha, nice work though

hahaha, see you got the psd file. nice work maybe a different render. i noticed the gidley kind of worked the best due to its more centered position.

nice render, but the logo is too distorted, thats why the knights worked so well. i have logo images that work great for knights and bulldogs. ill see if i have any others and post them for up other people to try their hand at.

just did an ok lockyer will upload soon. looks pretty good, but did a crappy render.

@ Shawn, nice aiton render, did u do that one yourself??

major improvements on those PNG renders. im using CS5 do you think CS3 is easier i might downgrade if it is. i have CS4 on my laptop because it runs better but CS5 on pc

Back
Top Bottom