Finishing the 2019-20 NBA season ----- **SPOILERS**

Arrgg. Why are they even playing him at that stage of the game?

Sometimes I don't get it. They say they aren't going to bring him back at all, then they do and are playing him in the 4th quarter of a 30 point blow out?

I know he needs to get some reps but is that really the time to do it? If you are going to play him they might as well be semi-meaningful minutes.

Arrgg. Why are they even playing him at that stage of the game?

Sometimes I don't get it. They say they aren't going to bring him back at all, then they do and are playing him in the 4th quarter of a 30 point blow out?

I know he needs to get some reps but is that really the time to do it? If you are going to play him they might as well be semi-meaningful minutes.

It sucks. Dodgy-robot looking knee brace too, have heard before they may do more harm than good in a game situation.

I would have felt if he did require a brace that significant then their initial plan of not playing him at all would have made more sense. It's not like we are in the Finals...

I don’t get to see much NBA these days but watching Orlando v Philly and a couple of thoughts.

Fultz is so terrible defensively. Forget his broken jump shot he can’t do anything at the other end. Can’t stay in front of anyone one-on-one, has no idea how to help, goes to sleep off the ball, dies on screens, is late on contests and then fouls when he suddenly realises his guy is shooting. He is getting torched by Alec Burks. Has given up a backdoor cut, lay up, offensive rebound put back and and and one jumper all in about 4 minutes!

Also, I thought Embiid was meant to be good at that end. Everything I read is he is a DPOY candidate but he is getting torched by Khem Birch. Never seen Embiid play before but he recovers slow and just to a spot, never adjusts, doesn’t move his feet. Birch just catches and goes round him and Embiid can’t recover at all. Birch is pretty slow and mechanical but just his energy is too much for Embiid who quite frankly looks like he doesn’t give a shit.

Sunday Update #1 (Aug. 9)

Play-In Series Guaranteed Out West

With Memphis' 108-99 loss to Toronto on Sunday, there is no way that there will be a four-game difference between the eighth and ninth place finishers at the end of the seeding games, thus guaranteeing that a play-in will be required to determine the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference Playoffs.

The play-in will tip off on Saturday, Aug. 15 at 2:30 ET and will be broadcast on ABC. If the eighth seed team wins Saturday’s matchup, that team will advance to the playoffs. If the ninth seed wins, a second game will be played on ESPN on Sunday, Aug. 16 at 4:30 ET.

---------------------------------------------------

Sunday Update #2 (Aug. 9)

Blazers Win Eliminates Pelicans and Kings

While I feel slightly for the Grizzles to be in this position now it should make for a bit of added interest.

I was very disappointed when, before games had even resumed, Morant came out and was moaning how unfair the play in was on the Grizzles and woe is them.

All they had to do was play better than anyone behind them. They had a 3.5(?) game lead on 9th already and even if it got to this situation they still have to loose two games to the 9th place team.

I completely see his point but it just seemed to set such a negative tone for the team going in. Before even playing a game their best player is saying he doesn't think they can be better than the teams behind them and if they have to face one in play in games he thinks they can't win a single game?

If that is the case there probably isn't much point worrying about the playoffs anyway!

Just realised when watching Justin Holiday vlog - Pacers have TJ Warren, TJ MCConnell and TJ Leaf. Crazy!

CF788ABD-330F-4E68-B8B8-1C136462C634.jpeg

Last edited:
AC Green probably has something to say to Giannis. He lost some teeth in the middle of his consecutive game streak and kept on suiting up.

Disappointing showing by the Grizzlies. I guess they lost that momentum when the lockdown hit and were unable to regain it in such a short time. Ja Morant has definitely been impressive, though. Really talented, exciting player who will be awesome to watch for years to come. He, JJJ and Brandon Clarke might have something going on...

Back
Top Bottom