Finally we received our new bookshelf to display my little gems

Very impressive. Looks really good. Some nice new cards there especially with the Oates 1of1. Is the Tallis Captain sig new too?
Thanks, no we have had the Tallis signature card for over 5 years now but it was displayed elsewhere in the house. K

Fantastic looking display, but have to agree with the others......those signatures will fade very quickly..... nothing worse than seeing a super rare card with a signature that has faded beyond any recognition....

Like the card below:

s-l1600.jpg
Ooooouch. But like i said "we dont really mind" as these are our cards and we are displaying them all. These will never be sold on the open market or not anytime soon so let them fade as we like them displayed plan and simple. Anyone else that wants to keep on telling me about cards that fade etc etc? Not being rude but we do know that these will most likely fade in time but not concerned. K

Last edited:
Ooooouch. But like i said "we dont really mind" as these are our cards and we are displaying them all. These will never be sold on the open market or not anytime soon so let them fade as we like them displayed plan and simple. Anyone else that wants to keep on telling me about cards that fade etc etc? Not being rude but we do know that these will most likely fade in time but not concerned. K
K/Steve, you have done well, it feels good to be able to share what you have done and I get what you are saying about looking at them, seeing what you are spending your hard earned cash on each week etc.
I wish I could do the same sometimes as my wife says to me you have all this money tied up in the cupboards and you never look at them.
I have had boxes of cards sitting in the cupboards for over 45 years, they have never seen daylight since I acquired them.
Even now when I get a new 36 card it gets a photo and straight into its folder and into the cupboard.
I have recently spent over 6k on new cupboards and I have no room left.
Do what you wish with your cards, after all they are your cards.

K/Steve, you have done well, it feels good to be able to share what you have done and I get what you are saying about looking at them, seeing what you are spending your hard earned cash on each week etc.
I wish I could do the same sometimes as my wife says to me you have all this money tied up in the cupboards and you never look at them.
I have had boxes of cards sitting in the cupboards for over 45 years, they have never seen daylight since I acquired them.
Even now when I get a new 36 card it gets a photo and straight into its folder and into the cupboard.
I have recently spent over 6k on new cupboards and I have no room left.
Do what you wish with your cards, after all they are your cards.
That's amazing as i really love looking at all your cards numbered #36 and for you to say these items are stored away straight after you take a picture astounds me. Your collection is most likely one of the best looking set of numbered cards in Australia and i would like to see them all together side by side displayed "Now that would look Epic". Katrina

That's amazing as i really love looking at all your cards numbered #36 and for you to say these items are stored away straight after you take a picture astounds me. Your collection is most likely one of the best looking set of numbered cards in Australia and i would like to see them all together side by side displayed "Now that would look Epic". Katrina
would need 1 hell of a big wall.

Legend #2 has a namesake on this site...

Awesome display BTW, I have a few out but with young kids have most things in folders high up.

In terms of insurance do you have a specific value set? How do you record your cards?

I have a spreadsheet (need to update) and a few photos but really need to photograph everything and get some sort of specific insurance.

Steve/k.
Outstanding Display.
Love the Lockyer Shelf, Correct my if im wrong but i did not see a 2003xl lockyer Jersey Signature.
i can not wait for my extension to be finished as i have purchased a class cabinet with 5 shelves with mirrored back, 3 shelves for my 1;18 car collection and 2 shelves for NRL.

Steve/k.
Outstanding Display.
Love the Lockyer Shelf, Correct my if im wrong but i did not see a 2003xl lockyer Jersey Signature.
i can not wait for my extension to be finished as i have purchased a class cabinet with 5 shelves with mirrored back, 3 shelves for my 1;18 car collection and 2 shelves for NRL.
Dave, have about 2ok worth of BMW models if you are keen.

Awesome display BTW, I have a few out but with young kids have most things in folders high up.

In terms of insurance do you have a specific value set? How do you record your cards?

I have a spreadsheet (need to update) and a few photos but really need to photograph everything and get some sort of specific insurance.
Yes we have a spreadsheet with every single collectable in which we own on it. Including roughly how much each item is worth and what year we brought it lol. Katrina

Steve/k.
Outstanding Display.
Yes we do have the Lockyer Jersey patch signature card but i am just waiting for Rif to send me some extra "One touch" holders as i dont have anything that fits any jersey patch card lol. K

Back
Top Bottom