Fantasy NBA manager game

RunItBackPodcast

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marco
Hi all

Seeking expressions of interest for basketball fanatics to be involved in a little project I've been working on.

There are a stack of AFL-related fantasy manager games out there ( http://s8.zetaboards.com/affl being one of the best - having run over 8 years and counting...)

However what strikes me as odd, is that it's near impossible to find similar NBA games.

What I've been thinking:

○ 30 managers (one for each nba team)
○ Managers would select an existing NBA franchise to manage.
○ Managers would be responsible for trading, drafting, and signing/waiving free agents within a pre-determined salary cap.

The league would be marketed as an on-going league, with an indefinite lifespan.

Managers would be expected to be active (preferably daily) in managing their roster and responding to trade negotiations.

The league would commence around the time of the 2015 NBA Draft, so at this stage I'm merely seeking expressions of interest from prospective General Managers.

If interested, please message me.

Cheers, Marco.

How would this work? Like fantasy football using stats?

That's correct. I want to avoid using a simulation and focus more on real stats. It'd likely be run through a website, and then at the start of the season I'd enter all team lists into a yahoo league (weekly matchups) so that would do all the scoring for us.

It'd be a bit of work [for me] to get it started, but once its underway most of the administration and score calculation would be taken care of through either Yahoo or ESPN fantasy.

All results would be posted on the default site and we'd run the league on its own site (i.e. not just a standard Yahoo/ESPN league). I'd only use those sites to do the scoring.

my preferred team would be Los Angeles Lakers then OKC then Spurs.
Will we have access to the yahoo or espn league ? and would we do the draft ourselves in real time if so ?
this all would start next season if i am not mistaken ? will you add a Injury spot ? as this is a keeper league ?

my preferred team would be Los Angeles Lakers then OKC then Spurs.
Will we have access to the yahoo or espn league ? and would we do the draft ourselves in real time if so ?
this all would start next season if i am not mistaken ? will you add a Injury spot ? as this is a keeper league ?

Thanks Grindnation. Yes, all players would have access to the league (whether it be Yahoo, ESPN, or other platform).

We would do the draft ourselves, by real time I assume you mean a live draft? I'd love that to be the case, but it'd be next to impossible to get 30 ppl online at once, so we'd have to do time limits per pick. But yes, we would probably start the league with the 2015 nba draft. (Remember this would be just the upcoming draftees, we would start with existing rosters, not a league-wide draft).

All details have yet to be finalised, it's more of a concept that if there's enough interest, we'd make it happen for the 2015/16 nba season.

Clubs still available to be reserved -

Boston Celtcis
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Hornets
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Indiana Pacers
Los Angeles Clippers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
Minnesota Timberwolves