Evaluation Help: 1996 Dynamic - Andrew Johns National Heroes Signature Card

TheFoley

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Johnathon
Hi all,
Firstly I apologise for not introducing myself in the general forum but I'm not actually a collector of sports trading cards but I was once an ARL fan (hence having this card). I have been trying to get an idea of what the aforementioned card is worth. It is the:

1996 Dynamic - Andrew Johns National Heroes Signature Card with the Exchange and CoA cards. The exchange and CoA cards have some yellowing around the edges but the signature card itself is in mint condition (it's been in a fully enclosed card case since I got the card 19 odd years ago). Any help with its value would be immensely appreciated.

Cheers,
Foley
IMAG0620.jpg

Hey Foley,

It's hard to see the signature is that just the photo or has it faded a touch? What number is it and does the COA match the number? These things would add or detract from the value.

At a guestimate for you value wise I would say $110ish, perhaps A Johns may get a little bit more being the "8th".

It's not a card I've ever bought or been after so others may offer a more informed opinion but I've seen others sell for around that figure.

Ross

Hey Foley,

It's hard to see the signature is that just the photo or has it faded a touch? What number is it and does the COA match the number? These things would add or detract from the value.

At a guestimate for you value wise I would say $110ish, perhaps A Johns may get a little bit more being the "8th".

It's not a card I've ever bought or been after so others may offer a more informed opinion but I've seen others sell for around that figure.

Ross
pretty well spot on Ross, maybe a little more if it was 36. hahaha

Also interestingly different coloured stamping of the number.....I recall this being discussed once before.

Did we ever work out why? Was it the two different releases Series 1 and II, low numbers high numbers, different players?

Ross

Hey Foley,

Ross

The signature is on the back of the Andrew Johns cards.

It might be worth a little bit more, but if the redemption and certificate cards aren't mint then that would put it back down.

It's quite hard to track a redeemed one down that doesn't have a name and address written on the redemption card, as well. Took me years!

The signature is on the back of the Andrew Johns cards.

It might be worth a little bit more, but if the redemption and certificate cards aren't mint then that would put it back down.

It's quite hard to track a redeemed one down that doesn't have a name and address written on the redemption card, as well. Took me years!
Was it Dynamic that wrote the name and address on the redemption or were you meant to send in the card with your name and address on it?

So in reality the blank ones were the ones sold after they went under.

I don't think so, because the numbers on the redemption, certificate and card should all match. They wouldnt have the corresponding numbered redemption after they went bust, it'd be in a pack somewhere.

Just that some people would have included their details in a letter rather than writing it on the card, I'd say. As I say, they are rarer without anything written on them, so I'm sure most did just write it on the card.

I don't think so, because the numbers on the redemption, certificate and card should all match. They wouldnt have the corresponding numbered redemption after they went bust, it'd be in a pack somewhere.

Just that some people would have included their details in a letter rather than writing it on the card, I'd say. As I say, they are rarer without anything written on them, so I'm sure most did just write it on the card.
exactly right james, I did exactly that so I did not have writing on the back, that was after the first couple.

I agree James. There is a bloke in Sydney that bought all the dynamic stock from them when they went broke. It was a mate of a guy with the ebay name of edscards. They got all the left over boxes,cases and stock including signature cards of all they had. He just recently last year sold the full set of number 1 1996 signature cell cards all 36 numbered 1 and before karough sold the number 1 renouf redemption he bought it off him. The story goes they where opening the stock and matching all the sig cards with the redeption and cert cards and flogging them off. These 2 guys also got all Winfield cigarette stock off the company and sold all that in late 1995 when thay found out it was not under the contract of the premiership cup for the following year. The continuation of this story is that with all the money they made out of dynamic they also went to weetbix and spent thousands of dollars on weetbix buy the pallet to obtain the signature cricket redemenption cards. They donated all the weetbix they opened to charity. When I heard this story {mind you it is up to you if you believe it as I did not know them persoanally} I thought these guys would have been mad to do this but would have had a crazy time doing it and would have made a ship load of money.

Back
Top Bottom