ESP V8 Supercars Collection

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

Please see this new release from ESP. Each boxed set contains a Mark Skaife and a D i c k Johnson signature card.

B8 Sales Advert 275x205 Full Page_(terry)_v2.jpg

Cheers
Matt

Nice...i was hoping they would be more like the holden set that came out years ago where you purchaced packets and hunted down the autos etc

Price is a joke what aussie bogan has that to spend on V8s? :)

Many Many years ago there was a V8 Supercar set released.

I thought you were into the V8's?
Yeah I am but there are more cost effective and less "rippoffy" ways to obtain signatures. Dick and Mark attend every round for a start, so for track entry costs you can get those autographs yourself on a decent piece of memorabilia or even off ebay for a fraction of the price that one of those boxes will set you back. Skaife's card looks absolutely horrible with the thick tipped marker on the card. Dick has used his brains and at least spread his out a little.
Why would then not warm up the market with an entry level set for a start. Something about half the price one auto per box (could be any driver in the field). Then take the step up and start on a higher end release, people who went after the first one and likes it would be more inclined to get into it. \

I just don't get why you would try to exclude the average joe from buying your product?

Race used {and cracked} old gen car glass Windscreen signed by Fabs and Brighty $150ish from memory, Kim Jones told me to come back after the race and grab more stuff but unfortunately they close the pits before the last race of the day :(
IMG_7633.JPG
)
No Idea what the Missus paid for the print but it cost me track admission to get it signed by Brighty, Lowndes, Dick @ Whincup
IMG_7634.JPG

Or for a little more or a little less than a box of cards you could buy one of these which retain (and with some models build) value really well.
IMG_7636.JPG

I'd really love that Johnson auto as it is of my all time favorite Australian car. Though I wouldn't want all the other cards so can't justify $350, hopefully someone might break a set at some stage.

I agree with the above post, going straight into a highish end set is pretty silly given that I would have thought there wasn't a massive card collecting V8 community

Obviously $350 id a lot
Yeah I am but there are more cost effective and less "rippoffy" ways to obtain signatures. d*** and Mark attend every round for a start, so for track entry costs you can get those autographs yourself on a decent piece of memorabilia or even off ebay for a fraction of the price that one of those boxes will set you back. Skaife's card looks absolutely horrible with the thick tipped marker on the card. d*** has used his brains and at least spread his out a little.
Why would then not warm up the market with an entry level set for a start. Something about half the price one auto per box (could be any driver in the field). Then take the step up and start on a higher end release, people who went after the first one and likes it would be more inclined to get into it. \

I just don't get why you would try to exclude the average joe from buying your product?

Race used {and cracked} old gen car glass Windscreen signed by Fabs and Brighty $150ish from memory, Kim Jones told me to come back after the race and grab more stuff but unfortunately they close the pits before the last race of the day :(
IMG_7633.JPG
)
No Idea what the Missus paid for the print but it cost me track admission to get it signed by Brighty, Lowndes, d*** @ Whincup
IMG_7634.JPG

Or for a little more or a little less than a box of cards you could buy one of these which retain (and with some models build) value really well.
IMG_7636.JPG

I know what your saying but you could call most of the stuff Panini overproduces “ripoffy” but that’s just how the hobby works.

I think it’s priced okay when you look at how much Select charge for their boxed sets. Would like to see a packet based release in the future though.

Obviously $350 id a lot

I know what your saying but you could call most of the stuff Panini overproduces “ripoffy” but that’s just how the hobby works.

I think it’s priced okay when you look at how much Select charge for their boxed sets. Would like to see a packet based release in the future though.

Panini have a ton of rip off boxes. But they do have a $60 box with 2 autos in it.

Back
Top Bottom