Epic Mailday **updated January 2024**

This is why I think TLA need to bring in a Brilliance style release. Keep Elite at $8 with the chance at good hits and then have an ultra high end but make sure they use the best patches, get the best signers, the signatures are perfect etc.

I think it comes down more to why put in the effort when your products sell out at the wholesale level before they are even released? I mean if you are selling out why would you bother to add in too many innovations?

I have to say they have done a lot more in recent releases (which is to be commended) but they are tapping into about 50% of their potential with the ability to create some really cool collectables..... but again if you sell out before release date why would you bother with the time and effort?

In relation to a Brilliance type Product...... Select got the price point right, they just didn't make enough cards for the release...... instead of 2 players a team (1 Legend/1 Modern Day) should have done 3 current and 1 legend and maybe a key Rookie.....would have more than doubled their sales instantly and still sold out...... as demand certainly outstripped supply!

With the addition of Artie and Changa Immortal Signatures, my first master set and in my opinion, the greatest Rugby League release ever is complete.

It has been ten years since I started this chase and the one constant was that the prices for these cards kept going up!!

There were a few ups and downs along the way but that is all part of the chase. Special thanks to @3bet (Jarrod Barnes) for helping secure the last two.

01C4EADE-FEE7-48DD-9D3D-8114AF2928EC.jpeg

With the addition of Artie and Changa Immortal Signatures, my first master set and in my opinion, the greatest Rugby League release ever is complete.

It has been ten years since I started this chase and the one constant was that the prices for these cards kept going up!!

There were a few ups and downs along the way but that is all part of the chase. Special thanks to @3bet (Jarrod Barnes) for helping secure the last two.

Bloody awesome

Apart from the redemption set,would all the other auto,s be $1000.00 plus.
I think so. Despite being a facsimile signature, the Churchill seems harder to come by, although they are all rare now. The last Churchill sold I am aware of went for $1500.

I would say that the other 6 are all around $1800-$2000 each.

Happy to help mate! By far the best set ever made.

Well done Brendan, the chase is what it's all about.
Cards will always show up for sale at some stage, trouble
is seeing it early and in the case of high end stuff having
the dollars in the war chest ready to go.
I'm in the throughs of getting the Warriors collectors holy
grail card the Betham 2004 Capitan's Signature card.
Been a long term hunt, so card will be cherished once in hand.
Small potatoes to your achievement, but that's the hobby we
all have our own goals.

I haven't posted a mail day in quite some time, below is one that took me a few years.

2020 Elite Young Guns and Young Gun Black set finished. I don't generally chase numbered sets of Elite cards (outside of Raiders or Glory) but the simple design, great player selection and chase that was hard, but not impossible made this fun.

48 cards in total (32 white, 16 black #115). Quality players from arguably the best and most popular Elite release.

Carrigan, Staggs, Paps, Martin, Drinky, Tatola, Mulitalo. The list goes on.

YG_YGB01.jpg
YG_YGB3.jpg
YG_YGB5.jpg

YG_YGB7.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB11.jpg

YG_YGB02.jpg

YG_YGB4.jpg

YG_YGB6.jpg

YG_YGB8.jpg

YG_YGB10.jpg

YG_YGB12.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't posted a mail day in quite some time, below is one that took me a few years.

2020 Elite Young Guns and Young Gun Black set finished. I don't generally chase numbered sets of Elite cards (outside of Raiders or Glory) but the simple design, great player selection and chase that was hard, but not impossible made this fun.

48 cards in total (32 white, 16 black #115). Quality players from arguably the best and most popular Elite release.

Carrigan, Staggs, Paps, Martin, Drinky, Tatola, Mulitalo. The list goes on.

YG_YGB01.jpg
YG_YGB3.jpg
YG_YGB5.jpg

YG_YGB7.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB9.jpg
YG_YGB11.jpg

YG_YGB02.jpg

YG_YGB4.jpg

YG_YGB6.jpg

YG_YGB8.jpg

YG_YGB10.jpg

YG_YGB12.jpg
Well done Brendan.

Great effort, as you see so many collectors downsizing or pulling out of the hobby altogether.
I too have slowed down somewhat but still get enough enjoyment from the hobby to keep going. I always find a set that interests me or worse case, I go back and chase lower numbered cards in sets I have.

Nice little set to finish up. 07 Champions Gems. Still my favorite and IMO the best non-numbered set produced.

Scanner is playing up, only allowing me to scan in PDF, apologies for attachments.

Attachments

• Gems 1-9.pdf
    890.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Gems 10-16.pdf
    763.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice little set to finish up. 07 Champions Gems. Still my favorite and IMO the best non-numbered set produced.

Scanner is playing up, only allowing me to scan in PDF, apologies for attachments.
The Best Gem set ever released. Take a long long look at these TLA.The only downside for me is,I sold mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom