EBay Seller of the Month

Unfortunately, I think the discount codes are reserved for eBay plus members now.
Cheers for that , had a feeling that was the case . Obviously trying to push people that way . Haven’t really looked into the eBay plus cause I thought it was mainly for sellers like coles etc .

What are everyone’s thoughts on eBay now moving to payment via bank transfer?

You save a small amount in PP fees, which will no doubt be absorbed when eBay raise their selling fee again. Having the fees come out immediately is also better IMO.

What I don’t like is that it now takes days to get your $$ instead of instantly by PP. I sold something Tuesday, was paid Wednesday morning. Just been processed by eBay and will now take 3-4 days to hit the bank.

What are everyone’s thoughts on eBay now moving to payment via bank transfer?

You save a small amount in PP fees, which will no doubt be absorbed when eBay raise their selling fee again. Having the fees come out immediately is also better IMO.

What I don’t like is that it now takes days to get your $$ instead of instantly by PP. I sold something Tuesday, was paid Wednesday morning. Just been processed by eBay and will now take 3-4 days to hit the bank.
a very backwards step imo, using our money to play the stock market for a few days.

I haven't received any notification of this change....,well unless it's sitting in a spam/junk folder.

Where is the buyer protection? I liked how you could lodge a claim with PayPal.

Wait to you sell something after 5pm on a Friday, payments are initiated within 2 days Mon-Fri so anything after 5pm Fri may so your 2 days start Mon morning.
No mention of what the processing fees are, currently mastercard & visa cost me about 1.5% of the transaction eftpos 1% I then have monthly terminal hire on top of that. They are claiming cost to the buyer should be no more than currently with paypal so leaves them a bit of profit margin.

Wait to you sell something after 5pm on a Friday, payments are initiated within 2 days Mon-Fri so anything after 5pm Fri may so your 2 days start Mon morning.
No mention of what the processing fees are, currently mastercard & visa cost me about 1.5% of the transaction eftpos 1% I then have monthly terminal hire on top of that. They are claiming cost to the buyer should be no more than currently with paypal so leaves them a bit of profit margin.
hmmmm ?????????

hmmmm ?????????

When and how will I receive my payouts?

With the new payments experience on eBay, payouts are sent directly into your bank account. You can choose to schedule these daily as funds are available, or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts from eBay are consistently initiated Monday through Friday, within 2 business days of order confirmation.

Had a look for actual fees and it appears it is now 13.4% of the sale price and 30c per order. I am sure I was paying 9.9% listing and 3.5% with paypal, Seems this applies to all payment methods so sales that previously didnt go through paypal and attract fees now will.
From a business prospective I was already adding a 10% ebay tax to items I listed. Items I listed on ebay were listed 10% above my regular shop prices, I guess I will increase that to 15%

Havent received anything for my personal ebay account yet but at those rates on a $1.00 card sale ebay would be taking almost half.

When and how will I receive my payouts?

With the new payments experience on eBay, payouts are sent directly into your bank account. You can choose to schedule these daily as funds are available, or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts from eBay are consistently initiated Monday through Friday, within 2 business days of order confirmation.

Had a look for actual fees and it appears it is now 13.4% of the sale price and 30c per order. I am sure I was paying 9.9% listing and 3.5% with paypal, Seems this applies to all payment methods so sales that previously didnt go through paypal and attract fees now will.
From a business prospective I was already adding a 10% ebay tax to items I listed. Items I listed on ebay were listed 10% above my regular shop prices, I guess I will increase that to 15%

Havent received anything for my personal ebay account yet but at those rates on a $1.00 card sale ebay would be taking almost half.
wow, I can see ebay will be losing a lot of business in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom