EBay Seller of the Month

Something to watch out for, ending tomorrow (Sunday) morning on eBay.

From what I recall, Scanlens 1974 stickers did not come as adjacent numbers. Although the individual stickers in question are in very nice condition, the description "... Mint Condition..." is very false. At some stage one or both stickers have been removed from their original mismatched pairs and re-arranged in order. It's hard to tell for the 7-8 pair but very easy to tell for the 9-10 pair where the stickers have aged slightly different and the lower edge of the 9-10 stickers are mis-aligned. Basically, neither sticker-pair came out of a pack like this. They were probably arranged by the original owner this way so as not to trigger their OCD.

The seller may or may not know exactly what they are selling but the buyer will probably be unhappy to learn they are not getting an original sticker "card".

Fyi, I recall a full set of 6 pairs like this (ie, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc) split up on eBay in the last year or 2.

74-Jets-Tigers.jpg
74-Panthers-Sharks.jpg
Nice spotting. Those cards definitely don't look like they are a natural pair and 9 / 10 seems pretty obvious as you state.

I'm pretty sure though that there was the odd ones released in ascending order number. I have a note in my PC that there is a possibility of 22 different variances of a St George sticker (STG first then 11 different clubs last and St George last with 11 different clubs first). A quick hunt shows an example on Dans NRL below:

https://www.dansnrlcollectables.com...Rugby-League-Sticker,-Manly-v-Parramatta.html
Cheers
Ross

Nice spotting. Those cards definitely don't look like they are a natural pair and 9 / 10 seems pretty obvious as you state.

I'm pretty sure though that there was the odd ones released in ascending order number. I have a note in my PC that there is a possibility of 22 different variances of a St George sticker (STG first then 11 different clubs last and St George last with 11 different clubs first). A quick hunt shows an example on Dans NRL below:

https://www.dansnrlcollectables.com...Rugby-League-Sticker,-Manly-v-Parramatta.html
Cheers
Ross

Interesting to see the one on Dan's Ross - that's the first what looks to be genuine sequential pair I've seen. Most Manly I've seen have been in combination with Norths as either 3-11 or 11-3 pairs (and Dan's shows a couple of different ones again!). I guess all combinations are possible but I'm not sure how likely they all are. Anyone ever seen an uncut 74 sticker sheet? That may provide some answers!

Interesting to see the one on Dan's Ross - that's the first what looks to be genuine sequential pair I've seen. Most Manly I've seen have been in combination with Norths as either 3-11 or 11-3 pairs (and Dan's shows a couple of different ones again!). I guess all combinations are possible but I'm not sure how likely they all are. Anyone ever seen an uncut 74 sticker sheet? That may provide some answers!
I wish.

Pretty sure all combos exist (or at least did in 1974). I’ve seen most versions of canterbury with others. Own some and others still chasing. Heres a few others I have that I will consider trading for canterbury combos (including a genuine 11/12 combo)

Another reason easy to tell if they are a genuine combo is that usually the sticker is not broken right down middle so If you were to swap them they wouldnt fit the other sticker and you end up with obvious misalignment like the ones in the ebay link.

CE60DA01-65B3-49D3-8B84-EB81376DCF22.jpeg

The #16 is at $510 already . Good luck getting one of these .Could probably sell 200 of these I’m guessing so will be a lot that miss out.Be interesting to see what they go for once redeemed and a nice patch shows up ?Could see a nrl Or storm logo going for big $$$.
46F58859-2E84-4443-A80B-B3A5138678ED.png

They probably haven`t read the listing and think it is a full set not 1 card .....
Nah I’m pretty sure they are all fully aware . Souths cards are always popular and have big fans . Plus it’s a #1 and jersey I suppose and if you already have the other #1s or jersey #s it’s understandable.The knights emeralds have been getting good $$ on eBay as well.

Back
Top Bottom