EBay Seller of the Month

Here are 2 I picked up .Both were signed in front of me.

16459184003389067811432303324803.jpg

16459184653541230238142634594968.jpg

Those little paper COAs are from a collector/sig hunter from 10 or so years ago. A few came with signed cards I bought years ago and I just threw them away as the format was useless - absolutely nothing to definitively tie the "COA" to the card in question. As far as I could tell, all the sigs were genuine though.

My seller of the month prize goes to this "entrepreneur":

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185312822925

Now I know some people are paying absolutely STUPID prices for a Turbo IP at the moment, but this takes the cake, considering those "slabs" are 1 to 10 cards - $15 per card Slabbing fee + $10 flat rate shipping. PS: to add insult to injury, the card has corner issues and the sig is smudged.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 082526-turbo.jpg

My seller of the month prize goes to this "entrepreneur":

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185312822925

Now I know some people are paying absolutely STUPID prices for a Turbo IP at the moment, but this takes the cake, considering those "slabs" are 1 to 10 cards - $15 per card Slabbing fee + $10 flat rate shipping. PS: to add insult to injury, the card has corner issues and the sig is smudged.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 082526-turbo.jpg
Noticed this as well, common, IP signed commons and low end inserts going for huge amounts.

There seems to be a bit of overseas interest at the moment. I have had a few inquiries on cards from US based persons.

Common Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar and Shane Warne cards, sometimes graded sometimes raw are also fetching decent coin. The releases from Futera in the early 90’s that featured touring teams are often being marketed as those players ‘rookie cards’.

I have been in the IP hobby for a long time and have always been wary of people who offer COAs. Why do you need to go the extra mile to justify something is real with a meaningless piece of paper? It feels like they are overcompensating. More often than not I feel that the wariness has been justified.

I let my eye and experience be the judge, and the odd Google search if unsure, but like Mike, throw out all the COAs. Rugby league gets it fair share of fakes, cricket is safer in my experience.

To be fair , hard to get his auto these days as he has a strict curfew .
True it is hard to get some of the retired and current players IP signature on cards. It is not an authorised signature card with a certification of his signature it is just an IP. I Have dealt with signed cards for the last 15 yrs and might have sold this one. We know it is not worth $390 it is not good for the hobby that you find out that you $400 dollar card is worth $50. We have all been there.

True it is hard to get some of the retired and current players IP signature on cards. It is not an authorised signature card with a certification of his signature it is just an IP. I Have dealt with signed cards for the last 15 yrs and might have sold this one. We know it is not worth $390 it is not good for the hobby that you find out that you $400 dollar card is worth $50. We have all been there.
Can imagine it would be disheartening for a new collector getting scammed with something like this . I’ve got a Hayne L/S I’d take $390 for if anyone is keen , I’d take $70 tbh .

Back
Top Bottom