Ebay search analytics. Tricks of the trade ?

kkthxbai

OzCardTrader
Currently working in Japan away from Sydney
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
jpn-x-trade
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd post a topic on discussing ebay search analytics; and to share each others tips and tricks on ebay.

Maybe we can share some of our best pickups, or problems we encounter. Anyways, there are heaps of ways to improve your search results nowdays, like searching via a proxy server. This can open you up to more global listings, which may be tied to a specific region only. I like to search multiple languages, and to optimise my global search to items which only have been bidded upon.

There is also cool software, like justsnipe.com which lets you snipe auctions in the last second. Its an old trick, but not everyone knows about it.

Ebays last major search change was to its 'best match' results. Which now take into account a sellers history, and there feedback / digital prowess. If a seller has more positive activity, their listings will be highest in the 'best match' search results.

It would be great to find more relevant information on optimising ebay analytics, if anyone has more data or tricks, it would be great to hear / share with the ozcard community.

I'd love to know how to omit key terms from a search as I'm sick of seeing printing plates come up when I'm search for legit 1/1's haha

I'd love to know how to omit key terms from a search as I'm sick of seeing printing plates come up when I'm search for legit 1/1's haha

Use the minus symbol! Eg: type in you your search bar

National treasures 1/1 -plate

I use the eBay app on my iphone a lot, and I'm finding there latest update a real pain. One example is my saved searches, I have a few saved for American eBay, then also a few saved searches for non card related things that I'm looking for within Australia. But now I can only see my saved search results for whichever region I'm currently set as. So I have to keep constantly switching between Australia and America, it takes so much longer to do this simple task that would only take me seconds do to in the past.

Yeah, I really have trouble with the APP also.. I get the same problem with the different saved searches I have for ebay.com and ebay.com.au . It also seems to minimise the number of results that come up as well... Ever since i started working overseas.

Nichj99 you can also block sellers completely from your search results if it is one guy just listing plates, and you want to single him out completely.

Back
Top Bottom