Ebay refund question

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
Hi all.

I know this has been asked before but my searching skills are weak and can't seem to find a thread with a detailed explanation of how to proceed.

I have purchased a card on Ebay and it looks likely the seller is just not going to ship.

However, when I click on the "I didn't receive it" link on the purchase I get taken to a page which says "You're no longer covered by eBay money back guarantee.... please contacting the seller" (Some nice England there from eBay...)

I have tried contacting the seller today and are awaiting a reply. Normally I wouldn't be worried but reviewing his feedback suddenly two negatives for the exact same thing have popped up in the last few weeks...

So my question is, assuming no reply, how do I proceed? Do I try and go through eBay or would I go through Paypal (which I used to pay).

(For a quick timeline; purchase was October 24, delivery was for November 4 US Time to my Shipmycards box. On getting back to my computer after a weekend away I saw it wasn't delivered yet and clicking on tracking details shows it has not even been picked up since the label was created on October 28).

Thanks for any help.

That does seem strange as it hasn’t even been two weeks since the transaction. You should still be covered. If you contact eBay customer support, they should be able to open a case for you.

I've got a similar thing in progress at the moment that is starting to concern me. Purchased 24th Oct. Says posted on 31st October with no due date. No tracking number has been provided as well. Still no confirmation it has arrived at SMC.

I've attempted to contact the seller twice now but all i get is crickets!

Thanks all for the advice.

In an unexpectedly positive turn of events the seller did respond to my message overnight. Unfortunately it was in fairly poor English, but, from the gist of it he was saying it hasn't gone anywhere because it is Sunday. Figuring I was now getting the run around I fairly strongly pointed out that I purchased the card over two weeks ago and there had been plenty of other days it could have been picked up.

Low and behold when I got home from work I had an update to the card's tracking with it now showing as being with USPS.

I will (obviously) keep monitoring it more closely but may have been a genuine mistake by the seller.

Thanks all for the advice.

In an unexpectedly positive turn of events the seller did respond to my message overnight. Unfortunately it was in fairly poor English, but, from the gist of it he was saying it hasn't gone anywhere because it is Sunday. Figuring I was now getting the run around I fairly strongly pointed out that I purchased the card over two weeks ago and there had been plenty of other days it could have been picked up.

Low and behold when I got home from work I had an update to the card's tracking with it now showing as being with USPS.

I will (obviously) keep monitoring it more closely but may have been a genuine mistake by the seller.
I've had literally the same thing happen. No movement for a couple of weeks, and then as soon as you flag it, it magically starts moving :lol:

What's a reasonable time period to wait for delivery within the US before requesting a refund based on order not arrived?

My two bob's worth given the updates... Since the seller in the original case has used USPS, don't expect continuous updates or arrival on or before expected delivery date. USPS are notorious for not updating tracking and delivering late - sometimes up to 3 weeks late. Seller really should state what service they're using as it would save a lot of hassle for potential buyers.

My two bob's worth given the updates... Since the seller in the original case has used USPS, don't expect continuous updates or arrival on or before expected delivery date. USPS are notorious for not updating tracking and delivering late - sometimes up to 3 weeks late. Seller really should state what service they're using as it would save a lot of hassle for potential buyers.
I've never had an issue with USPS imo

Back
Top Bottom