Ebay over the last few months

1980bust

OzCardTrader
Real Name
G
Anyone else seeing a big increase in non-paying, no contact buyers? I'm not even talking big $$$ amounts.

Also received feedback on all sales has dropped from like 90% to around 10%.

And now this change to search filters is driving me crazy.

I am struggling to sell my BIN items, but haven't had any issues with non-payers.

Feedback is always a struggle, and it doesn't help that I give feedback the minute they pay. Now sellers (when I buy), don't leave feedback until you leave feedback.

No responsibility needs to be taken anymore. Just like in life. There is always an excuse or easy way out

I was about to do a rant on one of the Facebook groups the other day, I had 2 cancel requests on eBay sales and 3 changed mind requests on Facebook sales after committing - get your shit together people. One was for a few dollars, a few were in the $500 and $1000 range. Apparently they couldn’t wait for me to accept the offer and bought a similar (super rare card that’s not on eBay) in the mean time. L O L

I reckon I've cancelled around $700 of sales this week as 'Buyer has not paid' :mad:

But one positive is changing my settings so people with 2 or more unpaid items can't bid, and then receiving their "I can't bid - what's going on?" messages :eek:

I've sold more in the last 2 months than I've sold in a few years and have run into a few issues and about ready to stop selling. I was just trying to whittle down my collection but it's proven to be quite tedious. I think the most irritating thing is the low balling. You'll have a card listed that goes for $100 regularly and I'll get offer or messages asking if I will take $15. I just block and move on. I knew it was something that happened, but I've been genuinely surprised at how many people seem to do it.

I reckon I've cancelled around $700 of sales this week as 'Buyer has not paid' :mad:

But one positive is changing my settings so people with 2 or more unpaid items can't bid, and then receiving their "I can't bid - what's going on?" messages :eek:
I have always had the strictest bid block settings and have never had a problem. It really works to weed the idiots out.

I occasionally go into the blocked bid history and it's filled with striked non payers trying to bid. I have never received a message

I've sold more in the last 2 months than I've sold in a few years and have run into a few issues and about ready to stop selling. I was just trying to whittle down my collection but it's proven to be quite tedious. I think the most irritating thing is the low balling. You'll have a card listed that goes for $100 regularly and I'll get offer or messages asking if I will take $15. I just block and move on. I knew it was something that happened, but I've been genuinely surprised at how many people seem to do it.

I've also been selling more than ever lately for the same reason - to whittle my collection down.

I recently had some dude in the US who'd consistently offer 15-20% of the BIN price for a bunch of different stuff. I'd just straight decline and that would be that.

Until he did it on a listing that was a bit over $1k - he offered $210. So I countered with like $900, and he came back with around $240.

So I kept dropping it $30 at a time while he raised it $20 or so - until it came time for me to make a counter to his last offer. I countered with - no joke - $600000. So he either paid that amount or missed the item altogether. I'm petty like that :lol:

He then sent me a bunch of $1 offers on other stuff afterwards. I laughed and blocked him.

I always let blocked bidders remain able to message me though - good for some entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom