EBay offers - what to make of these?

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So I’ve had 4 offers so far, 3 were in quick succession

Posting to Portland zip codes for all for but 3 info on the users said China and the other Sweden

IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2488.jpeg
IMG_2487.jpeg

To make an offer now the buyer has to choose a payment method and if its accepted its paid automatically.

I would avoid those offers, looks dodgy as

But all 100% feedback - not that that’s saying much since eBay changed the feedback you can leave as a seller there could have been issues we just don’t know

In terms of portland, its in Oregon with no sales tax, so its a popular forwarding address. So that might not be so random. Still seems suspicious tho

Yeah I've sent heaps of stuff to Portland that's been bought by seemingly-foreign accounts like this.

Internationals use Oregon in general as a shipment hub (like we use SMC Oregon) because there's no sales tax, or tax they usually pay when sending to Europe etc. I wouldn't be sketched out by this in itself, but I would be looking up the address and the buyer's feedback record.

Automatic payment is great since it stops people making offers that you accept, and then they never end up paying for :mad:

Yeah I've sent heaps of stuff to Portland that's been bought by seemingly-foreign accounts like this.

Internationals use Oregon in general as a shipment hub (like we use SMC Oregon) because there's no sales tax, or tax they usually pay when sending to Europe etc. I wouldn't be sketched out by this in itself, but I would be looking up the address and the buyer's feedback record.

Automatic payment is great since it stops people making offers that you accept, and then they never end up paying for :mad:

Auto payment doesn't stop them making an item not received claim though does it? I was wary of that

and the fact the offers came within 3 minutes of each other - it was weird

and one seller complained because I sold it for a lower price then they offered but the offer I took was in Australia so it was easier imo

Not the most recent thread but it is for me, haha.

Isn't PWCC (vault) based in Portland?
SMC have an Oregon address too. So I'd assume it's just a mailbox service.

And with automatic payment (which is a great idea), I can't see too many issues. PayPal used to forego buyer protection if delivered at a third party, not sure how eBay's own policy deals with that though.

Not the most recent thread but it is for me, haha.

Isn't PWCC (vault) based in Portland?
SMC have an Oregon address too. So I'd assume it's just a mailbox service.

And with automatic payment (which is a great idea), I can't see too many issues. PayPal used to forego buyer protection if delivered at a third party, not sure how eBay's own policy deals with that though.

might make sense with a vault, I didn’t think about that

in the end I took 865 and stayed within Australia, save any overseas hassle

guy messaged me after and was like wtf - couldn’t understand 😂

Back
Top Bottom