eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.

I have considered making a document with images of the items being sent and then pack it in front of the post staff, get them to sign it to say it was posted. Most PO's have a JP (I have yet to ask him if he would do it though). Wonder if that would give you some protection?

Matt is spot on.

I had some POS send me a empty padded bag recently. Suspected it was empty so i rang paypal who told me I wont be covered if i video it and to take it to the post office and open it there in the presence of a postal worker.

It was empty so the post office manager signed a stat dec. Paypal refunded me within about 15 minutes of me uploading the stat dec.

That's a good idea. I guess any citizen can sign a statutory declaration that it's empty. Even yourself. Although having any 3rd party and especially someone involved with the postage system (or a justice of the peace) would probably hold more weight. I suspect going to the length of signing the form shows you mean business and certainly any additional video footage as supporting evidence would hold up in court/small claims. Although of course it would never really get to court/small claims unless it was a reasonable amount, or you were super keen to get back at a scammer!

I have considered making a document with images of the items being sent and then pack it in front of the post staff, get them to sign it to say it was posted. Most PO's have a JP (I have yet to ask him if he would do it though). Wonder if that would give you some protection?

Good idea

I can't remember if I put it in the thread but paypal said they refuse to look at/consider video evidence as there is the chance for people to digitally alter them. Sure, they may be right, but to put it in the too hard basket (which is what they've done by siding with the buyer every time) is ridiculous but in the long term yes, would save them some money. It sucks, it really does.

That's hilarious. It's a lot harder to try and use some special effects to alter the contents of a video than it is to write a bullshit claim with just words in the first place...

And read it I did... The number of scammers on ebay rises by the day. I've had a account from the year 2000. I think I have been pretty lucky up until the last 2 years, not having a single claim in the first 12 years but the last 2 have been terrible... Have had 6 people claiming they have not received items and 2 of those I know they made there destination but still, every single fucking time the buyer has won the claim, there is no protection anymore for sellers, who's going to pay $25 for registered post for a $10 card or even $30 card and then you still lose. I have 2 more people claiming out of the last batch I sold. My ebay selling days are over, the risk has become to great...

#gofuckyourselfebay

Slim

It's really a catch 22, cause I love ebay for buying, but I hate selling on the thing. If more people start taking that stance then there is going to be less and less on there for buyers to buy.

And read it I did... The number of scammers on ebay rises by the day. I've had a account from the year 2000. I think I have been pretty lucky up until the last 2 years, not having a single claim in the first 12 years but the last 2 have been terrible... Have had 6 people claiming they have not received items and 2 of those I know they made there destination but still, every single f***ing time the buyer has won the claim, there is no protection anymore for sellers, who's going to pay $25 for registered post for a $10 card or even $30 card and then you still lose. I have 2 more people claiming out of the last batch I sold. My ebay selling days are over, the risk has become to great...

#gof***yourselfebay

Slim

that's a brutal run of late mate! people are figuring out the loophole - often after getting burnt themselves then decide to "get em back" I think! terrible policy

Just out of interest - does anyone here use third party postage insurance? That must be an option for big $$ sales....

I bought a card off a guy who used third party insurance not too long ago. Card never arrived, even with tracking (tracking number still says it has been received by my local po but they've guarranteed that it is not there), buyer was friendly about it (thankfully) and we went through the third party from there. No problems, got my money back a day or too later. If I were selling high value it's definitely something I'd like to go with in the future

Not familiar with it. So it's an option for the seller on eBay checkout?

No you have to file it separately. I had a quick search and looks like the main ones only offer it to USA/Canada anyway. I know when you buy things on Auction Sniper you get the choice to use third party insurance - would be good if eBay did offer something like that on checkout to buyers to help protect sellers.

Ive had some terrible experiences with eBay. One where I was clearly scammed out of a $700+ Kobe, to which Paypal (when I finally got through to a manager) said to me; "you defintitely have been scammed, and you have ALL the proof right there, I suggest you march down to your police station and get them to chase that up"

Yeh right F+++kwit. The Aust police are gonna deal with some kid in NYC over what they would consider a piece of cardboard.

Anyway, you're story is almost unbelievable, if I hadnt been through similar msyelf.

I cant believe you even filmed the opening and they STILL tried to deny you.

You have my sympathy on this one mate.

What is this huh? seen at to of ebay page....

huh.JPG

Bump to give people something to read in the slow season

Anything changed on ebay as far as shipping policies that anyone has heard/experienced???? I'd be shocked

Back
Top Bottom