eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599. Sellers Bewar

That's great to hear Matt. Glad you got one up on Paypal. Just wish the scammer didn't benefit from this, means he will try this scam to others as well.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599. Sellers Bewar

That's great to hear Matt. Glad you got one up on Paypal. Just wish the scammer didn't benefit from this, means he will try this scam to others as well.

For sure, and not all the other victims will be members of a forum like this and get the valuable info and reference to apply to something like the FOS. Thanks everyone

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599. Case Closed

I am quite amazed that I managed to miss this marathon thread over the past 2 months... I am very disappointed with the level of dishonesty carrying on throughout eBay and how eBay and PayPal are working together to ignore good evidence.

There's no doubt that changes need to be made on the eBay feedback system to allow bad buyers to be punished. It was very surprising to me how they disallowed negative feedback to be left for buyers a few years ago, to me, that undermined the entire feedback system and made it pointless. The tricks that this scumbag used are not new, they are gaping loopholes waiting to be abused. I am glad that it was ruled in your favour in the end but not after going to the police and providing a certain level of threat. Unfortunately, this is how large corporation are, they will brush you aside until you become a threat, then they will deal with you like you have reached the front of the line all of a sudden.

I believe the time you have invested on the resolution of this issue was enormous and you should be compensated. Or should I say, since you have gone so far, you might as well go all the way. I would support the idea of you going to Current Affairs or Today Tonight and shaming eBay on TV. That way, you can probably get a meaty pay check for your troubles, and that might make eBay change a few rules. Or worse, eBay will just shut down its Australian site altogether.

Re: Something Needs To Change - eBay and Paypal - The Big Scam

I have contacted ACA today. Will advise if they are interested in the story. If not, will try Today Tonight.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.Taking it to T

I hope they pick up the story mate, one that definitely deserves to be heard!

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.Taking it to T

no response from ACA yet, will likely contact Today Tonight next week.

Totally no reply again from ACA, just reminded me I was going to contact TT cheers mate

Fantastic effort, maybe not a great result, but keep trying

Feebay said to me last week that they have all the buyers so I can try to sell wherever I like such as quicksales.com.au - Online auction & shopping site - Shop, buy & sell in Australia but as Feebay have all the buyers I wont have much luck. When I asked about leaving negative feedback for buyers like you were able to do previously they stated that the buyers all left when they were recieving negative feedback, so that is the reason they removed that option. Feebay believe they have all the buyers and they will not go anywhere else so they can now charge sellers whatever they please as if you want to sell online today, you need Feebay. Hopefully sites like Q!uicksales teaming up with Paymate will hurt Feebay & Paypal and show them that sellers will look elsewhere when being ripped off by good old Feebay and their best mate paypal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feebay said to me last week that they have all the buyers so I can try to sell wherever I like such as quicksales.com.au - Online auction & shopping site - Shop, buy & sell in Australia but as Feebay have all the buyers I wont have much luck. When I asked about leaving negative feedback for buyers like you were able to do previously they stated that the buyers all left when they were recieving negative feedback, so that is the reason they removed that option. Feebay believe they have all the buyers and they will not go anywhere else so they can now charge sellers whatever they please as if you want to sell online today, you need Feebay. Hopefully sites like Q!uicksales teaming up with Paymate will hurt Feebay & Paypal and show them that sellers will look elsewhere when being ripped off by good old Feebay and their best mate paypal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They TOLD you they had all the buyers and they can charge what they want? I would love to get a copy of that email for my email to Today Tonight!

Hi Matt,

It was in a phone call not an email & they were careful not to use those exact words but basically they didnt seem to care. I have had both Paypal & Feebay on the phone over the last 2 weeks as my sales on Feebay have gone from almost $30,000 in October to $5,000 in November & December as I now really only use Feebay to advertise my items on quicksales. After the holidays settle down I will be doing a lot more auctions on quicksales.

I am happy to discuuss it with you further if you want. You can call me on 0417757190 or just message me here.

Good luck with it as maybe things like this will show them they need to be fair instead of just looking for more ways to charge sellers extra fees. Between Feebay and Paypal you now pay around 10% of every item you sell. They are making more money out of trading cards than all of us put together!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone & hope 2012 brings lots of joy!!!!!

Cheers Glenn

Thanks for the info Glenn. Unbelievably bad PR for eBay for a while now but. Wonder if they are feeling ANY effect yet. We'll have to keep spreading the word then!

Im going to check out quicksales, did they used to be called oztion? I used them for a bit but they didn't have enough traffic and heard they were changing their name

Back
Top Bottom