Early 90's sets

he shouldve never been allowed in the league on general principle
that'd be like drafting a guy called michal jordan or larry burd

LMFAO!!

For some reason I found that hilarious. can I blame it on the time?? Speaking of which I have to get up way too early in the morning *bangs head*

I really liked the tower of power set! Was great seeing such great players as this guy against the skyscraper background!!!:D

Rony.jpg

I remember the Shaq and the Webber were the hot cards in this set!

I might take a pic of all my old sets and update the photobucket... should be fun digging them out and keep me busy till midnight(WST) where I can watch my friend play soccer against Chelsea live on ESPN :D :D :D :D :D He plays for Colchester United and is expected to get whooped:lol: #-o :lol: #-o :lol:

Best individual set was 92-93 Upperdeck for the size of the set, the quality of the subsets (game faces, top prospects, fanimation etc) and the simple yet effective design.

I'd have to go 93-94 Fleer Ultra. First pack I ever busted was one of these and pulled the Shaq Famous Nicknames - been hooked ever since! Had nice insert sets with Inside/Outside, Rebound Kings etc. Although spent way more $$$ on chasing a Behind the Glass insert out of upper deck. Ahhh, those were the days.

Have to say I like the 93/94 Upper Deck & Upper Deck SE, which were the first packs I bought, and got great inserts from them. (Like Behind the Glass insert, USA Trade Set Redemption & SE All-Star DieCuts).

It seems we all have a soft spot for the mid 90's inserts. I like so many of them. I was only really exposed to the 93-94 Upper Deck, never really even knew about the MJ Mr Junes either! It was all Retail packs and Rookie Standouts. I remember my first ever RS pull, it was Lindsay Hunter. I had only bought a handfull of packs before that and my brother was so jealous!
Got good value on a trade for it at school (don't remember exactly, but I do remember the guy pulling card after card in his collection until I agreed, lol). Even most of the guys at school collected the Upper Deck, until 94-95, when you started seeing Hoops and Fleer around my school.

Back
Top Bottom