OzCardTrader
Real Name
Peter
eBay User
kaboom-cards
COMC User
KaboomCards
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is well and will have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends!

There are articles starting to come out of the US about next years draft class being weak.

I feel that we have been very lucky this year, the talent is amazing for a single class and I am starting to build a large PC of them.

Could this years draft class hold huge significance for the hobby for the next 2-3 years, what are peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Pete

I think we have had a fantastic draft class, so many rookies are already making a massive statement so it was always going to happen that we will experience some form of a let down,

I think this years class are one of the most talented bunch I’ve seen but they were so blessed with opportunity. The amount of injuries the league had created lots of opportunity to shine. That paired with the new superstar duos format across the league has definitely helped develop them a lot quicker. I think next years crop will have a few standouts but they’ll have to fight hard for an opportunity.

Definitely a boom crop this year.

So much talent across the board and Zion hasn't even set foot on a court yet - will he even this year??

Ja is a freak - this kid could be something very special.

Then there is a huge group under him that are all exceptional talents.

I totally agree that the break up of the super teams has really evened things out and given these kids an opportunity to shine much brighter and earlier than they might have.

Next years class doesn't look anywhere near as promising. I've watched Melo and RJ closely and they are both projected top 5 picks. Good talents but if they went through in the 2019-20 class they'd struggle to be top 10. Things can obviously change quickly and a few will jump out but I think this year sits way above what next year will throw up.

Each year has some stand outs, but can be weaker than this years (from a RC card point of view)

2017 - Tatum, Fox, Kennard, Mitchell, Fultz (just) and then the rest fall away
2018 - Luka, Trae, Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Shai, Graham, Divoncenco and the list goes on a bit
2019 - Zion, Ja, RJ, Hunter, Reddish, Garland, White, Hayes, Rui, Johnson, PJ, Herro, NAW, Thybulle, Clarke etc
2020 - Kendrick Nunn (RC cards) and compared to previous years, not many reports say

Aynyway, I suppose its how we use this info, I personally will be holding my rookies into next year in my PC.

Merry Christmas Oz Card Traders, have a wonderful break and all the best for 2020 :)

Pete
(Kaboom Cards)

I haven't paid too much attention to this year's crop( I'll get to it eventually) as last year's draft might have unearthed a bona fide superstar. Also, I think rating this year's draft class on 3 months' worth of play is too small a sample size. Let's see what some of these guys look like this time next year. They do seem to have benefitted from some favourable conditions as OP said.

A very merry Christmas to one and all.

Each year has some stand outs, but can be weaker than this years (from a RC card point of view)

2017 - Tatum, Fox, Kennard, Mitchell, Fultz (just) and then the rest fall away
2018 - Luka, Trae, Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Shai, Graham, Divoncenco and the list goes on a bit
2019 - Zion, Ja, RJ, Hunter, Reddish, Garland, White, Hayes, Rui, Johnson, PJ, Herro, NAW, Thybulle, Clarke etc
2020 - Kendrick Nunn (RC cards) and compared to previous years, not many reports say

Aynyway, I suppose its how we use this info, I personally will be holding my rookies into next year in my PC.

Merry Christmas Oz Card Traders, have a wonderful break and all the best for 2020 :)

Pete
(Kaboom Cards)

I really like SGA and Graham and have a nice little stash of them building up.

Luka and Trae the obvious guns from that draft but have prices to match.

The 2019 class looks deep but only time will tell. I'm interested to see what Zion's prizm prices get to if he comes out with a bang. It could be crazy.

Just on Zion - saw a few pics of him working out before tip off and he looks like he swallowed a sheep! Obviously had a good Xmas!

I really like SGA and Graham and have a nice little stash of them building up.

Luka and Trae the obvious guns from that draft but have prices to match.

The 2019 class looks deep but only time will tell. I'm interested to see what Zion's prizm prices get to if he comes out with a bang. It could be crazy.

Just on Zion - saw a few pics of him working out before tip off and he looks like he swallowed a sheep! Obviously had a good Xmas!
Yeah Zion is a beast of a kid, if his knees hold up this season and he does what he did in the pre season, people will chase him again!

Back
Top Bottom