Don Bradman question

Sounds pretty good either way but You were hoping for possible a 6 though going by photos?

I’ve no idea what a 6 of these looks like under a microscope.

It looks great to the natural eye from a natural viewing position.

Who knows, I might get a nice surprise. I know their grading standards are completely different for these extremely vintage cards

Here are a couple of returns that I have had, a 5 and a 6. They have since travelled on to nice new homes. Hope it's helpful.

YuaZAhWb5U6DiztYQl1aYA.jpg

dHAnLr-JNEGjmsbmFsMXnw.jpg

Ogdensbradman-front.jpg

Ogdensbradman-back.jpg

Here are a couple of returns that I have had, a 5 and a 6. They have since travelled on to nice new homes. Hope it's helpful.

YuaZAhWb5U6DiztYQl1aYA.jpg

dHAnLr-JNEGjmsbmFsMXnw.jpg

Ogdensbradman-front.jpg

Ogdensbradman-back.jpg

Wow! Those high res photo's are much better

I'm actually even more confident now, I honestly think it's better than that 6, but I'm a harsh marker and who knows with grading wheel of fortune....

When did you have these graded and what was the turnaround like?

I can see micro cracking in the border like you can see in those photo's, but it's not viewable to the naked eye on mine, you can only see it under the microscope which would lend me to think the surface is a fair bit bitter. The centering is similar to that PSA 6, corners look similar, possibly better, and the back is much cleaner.

Excited now.

I've got another Bradman coming in as well as a WG Grace and Ranji that I'm sending in at the same time, as soon as they arrive, I will send them off.

Last edited:
Wow! Those high res photo's are much better

I'm actually even more confident now, I honestly think it's better than that 6, but I'm a harsh marker and who knows with grading wheel of fortune....

When did you have these graded and what was the turnaround like?

I can see micro cracking in the border like you can see in those photo's, but it's not viewable to the naked eye on mine, you can only see it under the microscope which would lend me to think the surface is a fair bit bitter. The centering is similar to that PSA 6, corners look similar, possibly better, and the back is much cleaner.

Excited now.

I've got another Bradman coming in as well as a WG Grace and Ranji that I'm sending in at the same time, as soon as they arrive, I will send them off.
Best of luck. The light that PSA takes the photos under is pretty unflattering, the 6 has some wear on the surface around the frame, but with a naked eye it's not that visible. I sense that you're gong to get hit a little hard on the corners, which will penalise the rest of the card. It's a tricky card to grade this one. Looking forward to seeing your return day!

Back
Top Bottom