Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

not mine pic from feebay.

1599987456073.png

There is a reason for this.

I strongly believe that Select will not renew when their current licence expires. Its just a hunch but all the things they have been doing just solidify this view in my opinion.
Interesting thought, although I'm not sure if anyone would buy without licence certainty. Could a prospective buyer even lock in a future licence? When does Select's current licence expire, a couple of years?

The NRL may also be up for grabs depending on Quadrant's plans. QMS media purchased TLA, then a few months later, QMS media itself was taken over by a private equity firm, Quadrant. Private equity generally chop things up and sell for a profit.

The NRL may also be up for grabs depending on Quadrant's plans. QMS media purchased TLA, then a few months later, QMS media itself was taken over by a private equity firm, Quadrant. Private equity generally chop things up and sell for a profit.

Based on some numbers I saw the NRL Licence to TLA/QMS was one of the more lucrative parts of the business (even more so now that major sports events aren't happening globally). Given that TLA has just invested in the Cricket Licence I wouldn't see them giving that up as they now have coverage for summer and winter sports.

I also don't believe that unless an international player comes into the market that there are many companies looking at spending a starting price on $500,000+ for a minimum guarantee licence for NRL and that doesn't even take into account the cost of employees/designers/production etc.

I know the last time there was only one other applicant trying to get the NRL licence and didn't get close to it at all.

Do you think a Topps or Panini for instance would have any interest in local sports releases? Or is it more likely there will be further local consolidation by a single company such as TLA?

Hi guys bit off topic but does anyone know if either through ultra pro or Select you can buy an album for booklets ? Like to store Brownlow booklets in one touches in some form of album ?

Looks like Card Zone are now sold out, I placed an order for a box and sneaked in but was advised they are now sold out.......

Clearing out all the old stock, Supremacy 2 is ready to go for next year (know one of the jersey card players already)......... boost the balance sheet for someone to buy them.

Supremacy 2 much the same Matt or a little bit different?
The quality they had sign for Supremacy was unbelievable
How are they topping it?
Interesting times.

Supremacy 2 much the same Matt or a little bit different?
The quality they had sign for Supremacy was unbelievable
How are they topping it?
Interesting times.
I’ve got no idea but could be a Coleman/Rising Star release (Given plenty of Brownlow/Norm in Supremacy 1) Plenty of these awards with high profile players that never had a significant card relating to the award. Then Booklets, Base and Franchise signatures etc could be the same just different players.

I’ve got no idea but could be a Coleman/Rising Star release (Given plenty of Brownlow/Norm in Supremacy 1) Plenty of these awards with high profile players that never had a significant card relating to the award. Then Booklets, Base and Franchise signatures etc could be the same just different players.

I doubt it would ever happen but I would love to see some state of origin stuff

Obviously all great players and gives people a chance to collect players wearing something different

Easy answer

Yes I'm very happy with doing that because my cards have no value as I never intend to sell no matter how the market is but paying $500 for a card that may be worth $50 in 30 years to me is a bargain! It means I've essentially paid $15 a year for those 30 years to have the satisfaction of owning one of those cards. Which is peanuts compared to other hobbies/ interests one can have.

I have a weekender car that destroys my wallet on a level that cards will never come close to reaching :lol:

That last question is entirely up to you.
What’s the car that destroys your wallet mate, been there myself and will most likely do it again in the future

Back
Top Bottom