Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

i think select have done really well the last few years in regards to the quality of their releases and looking forward to Dominance 2. There shouldnt be so much drama with cards, which is seems that this individual has caused with their behaviour recently. hopefully select can move forward without this drama.

Im sure they will move on, but they are also implicit in this "drama" which in my opinion is quite an understated term for it.... If some of what I am hearing is true, some of it happened on their premises, and it all happened on their watch... this is much bigger than one individual.... I certainly dont give select a "pass" on this, but hope they learn from it and be better for it

Agree Select have done some of their best work over the past 4 years. But once someone got put onto the Select payroll that Facebook page went from being a great place to buy/sell/trade and talk all things cards, to nothing more than a dictatorship. And sadly so many brown nosers wanted to go along for the ride. I spoke my mind regardless, but not once breaking any rules and was always a great person to deal with, just spoke honestly, but got booted because i wouldn't follow his agenda, and actually called him out over a fake profile which he had no comeback for. Was the best thing to get away from that toxic page and is no surprise at all it has come crashing down.

Agree Select have done some of their best work over the past 4 years. But once someone got put onto the Select payroll that Facebook page went from being a great place to buy/sell/trade and talk all things cards, to nothing more than a dictatorship. And sadly so many brown nosers wanted to go along for the ride. I spoke my mind regardless, but not once breaking any rules and was always a great person to deal with, just spoke honestly, but got booted because i wouldn't follow his agenda, and actually called him out over a fake profile which he had no comeback for. Was the best thing to get away from that toxic page and is no surprise at all it has come crashing down.

unfortunately, it seems some of those "brown nosers" were benefiting from it as well, therefore they are tainted moving forward in my opinion

Wasn't Lucas Jericho was it?

Im sure they will move on, but they are also implicit in this "drama" which in my opinion is quite an understated term for it.... If some of what I am hearing is true, some of it happened on their premises, and it all happened on their watch... this is much bigger than one individual.... I certainly dont give select a "pass" on this, but hope they learn from it and be better for it
yes, I wonder if they will publicly come out with a response like they did years ago when cardzone posted on this forum about how they were represented. for me, I remember posting about how this certain employee may have been claiming all the donations from people donating cards and claiming that as a tax benefit for himself, only for them to deflect and act like it was a personal attack. there is nothing worse than not being transparent and telling people whether you are claiming those supposed funds for your own personal tax break. a simple yes or no response.

Also, in relation to Select, maybe they might actually have to look after retail outlets again instead of being so reliant on moving so much stock through online breaks at cost

yes, I wonder if they will publicly come out with a response like they did years ago when cardzone posted on this forum about how they were represented. for me, I remember posting about how this certain employee may have been claiming all the donations from people donating cards and claiming that as a tax benefit for himself, only for them to deflect and act like it was a personal attack. there is nothing worse than not being transparent and telling people whether you are claiming those supposed funds for your own personal tax break. a simple yes or no response.

sorry mate you lost me here... are you saying donations and/or cards that were meant for charity didnt get to the charity? again, Im not sure what this means

sorry mate you lost me here... are you saying donations and/or cards that were meant for charity didnt get to the charity? again, Im not sure what this means
sorry, for all those cards that were sold, the donations still went to the charity but supposedly in this employee's own name. That meant they were supposedly allowed to claim all those donations as a tax write off, which meant they personally financially benefited from running those auctions. It would be like if I got you to put up a card for a charity, it sold to another member for $30k, I received that $30k and donated to that charity but did it in my personal name, which allowed me to claim it as a tax write off come end of financial year.

sorry, for all those cards that were sold, the donations still went to the charity but supposedly in this employee's own name. That meant they were supposedly allowed to claim all those donations as a tax write off, which meant they personally financially benefited from running those auctions. It would be like if I got you to put up a card for a charity, it sold to another member for $30k, I received that $30k and donated to that charity but did it in my personal name, which allowed me to claim it as a tax write off come end of financial year.
I would obviously be motivated to continue to run these auctions as it financially benefits me in the long term. Sure it's all for a good cause and goes to a good charity, but I'm conveniently not being transparent that I am donating these funds in my own name because I don't want people to know that I personally benefit from it. Oh, and also the fact that I could very easily create a group for this charity that would allow all members to be a part of it and contribute financially themselves from winning said auctions AND also be able to claim the tax donation. But no, it's easier to send the funds directly to my nominated email address so I can handle the funds directly, claim the very convenient tax write off come the end of the financial year and do it on the platform of being a champion of the cause.

ok, I got you now.. so dodgy.... cant say at this point I am in the least bit surprised.... Generally, karma gets everyone in the end

Isn't that tax fraud?

That's a fairly big accusation

The way it has been talked about yes, that's why I think while they actually did it I believe the method was different which actually makes it legal in a sense.

The person who incurs the debt, is the one technically can claim it going by the ATO.

The method I believe happened was,

1. Admin 1 has a item they can't sell or flip.
2. Admin 2 places the item up as a "charity item"
3. Item sells
4. Admin 2 donates the money to charity and claims it via ATO.
5. Admin 2 receives money and transfers it to Admin 1 showing the money technically went back to the person who incurred the debt thus maybe at least making it legal or at best a grey area.

They just made money potentially at max value by using other people's good intentions on item they initially couldn't get rid of.

Also works as to why one of the biggest flippers who is fiancially connected to the page also happens to donate so much to the "charity auctions"

They could still be doing it the way initially talked about, but I feel it's a very easy way of getting caught.

Last edited:
not a legal expert, but at the very least I believe by not being transparent, benefitting from it personally from a financial sense and doing it on people's good intentions does raise certain questions? If I was fair dinkum, I would have by now, created a group with this charity (similar to a school, work or community fundraising group) which would allow everyone to contribute and also reap the tax benefits. At the very least, let people donate directly to this charity after winning the auction (which they can do), then get them to show the receipt and claim the cards.

In what way? I am intrugued by this.

Again, from what ive heard today that besides breaks being back doored, certain cases may have been "marked", "random" break listing times told to some members prior, stock redirected (as stated earlier).... And that is addition to the pressuring on some people in the group to move certain cards to well known members.... The facade of that page has been blown to bits (BANG!), a lot of the stuff that is coming out now is reprehensible if true...

The way it has been talked about yes, that's why I think while they actually did it I believe the method was different which actually makes it legal in a sense.

The person who incurs the debt, is the one technically can claim it going by the ATO.

The method I believe happened was,

1. Admin 1 has a item they can't sell or flip.
2. Admin 2 places the item up as a "charity item"
3. Item sells
4. Admin 2 donates the money to charity and claims it via ATO.
5. Admin 2 receives money and transfers it to Admin 1 showing the money technically went back to the person who incurred the debt thus maybe at least making it legal or at best a grey area.

They just made money potentially at max value by using other people's good intentions on item they initially couldn't get rid of.

Also works as to why one of the biggest flippers who is fiancially connected to the page also happens to donate so much to the "charity auctions"

They could still be doing it the way initially talked about, but I feel it's a very easy way of getting caught.

yes, very interesting for a page that only dealt in officially licensed cards/products and it becoming a rule that members could only sell/trade this way, that they did auction a lot of things that weren't officially licensed such as IP sig cards. convenient?

yes, very interesting for a page that only dealt in officially licensed cards/products and it becoming a rule that members could only sell/trade this way, that they did auction a lot of things that weren't officially licensed such as IP sig cards. convenient?

Of late I noticed quite a few items of guernseys n such which was weird considering the basis of the page is AFL cards.

Also happened to be the same person who is fiancially connected to the page and runs a ebay memorabilia store...fancy that

Of late I noticed quite a few items of guernseys n such which was weird considering the basis of the page is AFL cards.

Also happened to be the same person who is fiancially connected to the page and runs a ebay memorabilia store...fancy that
i think people are waking up the hypocrisy. Fine, you dont want people to buy,trade or sell unlicensed cards on the page. Next minute, auctioning off IP sig cards and memorabilia?

Sorry fellas, bit out of the loop here, what actually went on here in terms of the dodgy breaks?
What is a back door in break terms?

Back
Top Bottom