Does anyone still chase Futera?

BLOWN8

Such is life!
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
dazza_1563
Just putting it out there, does anyone on the forum here still regularly collect Futera? I know it's been like 20 years since Futera folded, but seems like there's not much out there for sale these days. I quite often check here, eBay and Facebook for sales but never much of interest. As I'm in Tassie we don't really have collectors fairs or markets to try. Tell me about what you still chase? And where do you look? And what are some recent purchases? I think my most recent buy was the Lara 375 sample card.

Futera are still around in some capacity as they co-produce the NRL Elite Road to the Finals Jersey Patch, Jersey Patch Signature and 1/1 cards

Yeah but I'm not talking about the UK Futera, I'm talking about the Australian Futera who produced sports cards here in the 90's. In my eyes they are completely different.

I have been trying to get a complete set of futera cricket inserts for a while now I think im down to 10 normal inserts and then i'll try for the gold stamped hidden inserts. I have bought a lot of boxes mainly from card zone and then ebay for the other cards.

Absolutely I still chase Futera. Always adding to my collection where I can.
Recent purchases were
95/96 Futera Warne Hat-Trick Card
96 Decider Player edition Cards

Cheers Damian :thumbsup:

I still have a few normal insets to chase here and there like a couple of run machines and frontliners, and haven't even started on the 93/94 cards yet. The signatures and redemptions aren't high on my want list right now, maybe down the track. But the gold edition stamped and player editions are my favorites. Not sure why really, they are un-numbered and pretty much just a common card with gold stamp, but I'm just drawn to them.

Im also still collecting the Futera sets filling in gaps and getting inserts i never got back then. I said to Greg Chappell the other day i had some old cards for him to sign he said all his cards are old

I still think that Futera are some of the best cards to collect.
Heaps of inserts, promotional, sample and signature cards to collect!
I have made it my aim to collect the majority of sets, inserts, signatures etc listed in the Futera File.
I have no interest in Baseball or Surfing cards what so ever but I have quite lot in my collection!!!!
I often ask myself 'Why am I collecting these!!??'
Gotta love it!

The Decider release would be one of my favs also. I think Futera were very ahead of the times when they started numbering nearly all inserts in a box, didn't matter if it was numbered to 500 or 5000. This is something Select have only just started doing in AFL the last 2 years.

Yes I'm still chasing the Decider set - it is pretty amazing with all the varieties of the chase and uncut sheets. Still finding new variations after chasing the set for about 10 years .. ! I have got pretty much everything now except for some Special Employee Edition fourups that I missed on ebay a couple years ago.

Just bought all the SAMPLE cards that appeared pretty much out of the blue recently and another set of the Waugh Signature cards and a second Impact Redemption set.

Will have to post all my updates again.

Did anyone else buy any of the SAMPLE cards for the Impact card, Waugh Platinums, Run Machines and Frontliners ?

I have some spare sets and flat boxes, wrappers, high end cards (as above) etc if anyone is chasing them.

Cheers
John

I would go for Futera more than any others. Good value for money, good mix of base cards, good range of insert/chase cards, authentic numbering of inserts on back of cards, good variety of signature cards and overall very good for autographs. My favourite set is the Heritage Collection.

My top 5:

1. Futera
2. ESP - 2004-05 was their best
3. Cow Corner - Come on @nazimcricket, come out of retirement. We need some decent cards.
4. Scanlens - 88/89 and 90-91 being their best
5. Select

Cheers
Chris

I would go for Futera more than any others. Good value for money, good mix of base cards, good range of insert/chase cards, authentic numbering of inserts on back of cards, good variety of signature cards and overall very good for autographs. My favourite set is the Heritage Collection.

My top 5:

1. Futera
2. ESP - 2004-05 was their best
3. Cow Corner - Come on @nazimcricket, come out of retirement. We need some decent cards.
4. Scanlens - 88/89 and 90-91 being their best
5. Select

Cheers
Chris

I concur with your list, except, I like the Select 1997 set a tad more than the Scanlens; though I could be easily swayed toward Scanlens if they still smell of chewing gum :)

I have been forced into retirement as you know, HOWEVER, I do have one nice piece coming out soon. You'll be among the very first to know what it is once ready!

I concur with your list, except, I like the Select 1997 set a tad more than the Scanlens; though I could be easily swayed toward Scanlens if they still smell of chewing gum :)

I have been forced into retirement as you know, HOWEVER, I do have one nice piece coming out soon. You'll be among the very first to know what it is once ready!

I agree. I forgot about the smell of the bubble gum.

I can't wait to see what the new piece is. Very, very interested.

Signature match worn cards? ;)
Either way, I look forward to seeing what you have come up with.

I hope this is relevant, but I have a few signed futera cards for sale if anyones interested

15345492163491399596551.jpg

Back
Top Bottom