Do you think these are fake signatures?

christuffa

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
Hi,

Just watching two auto cards from Al Horford which end soon, and I notice a distinct difference in the signatures. The following two appear fake, as the number after his name looks like its written as "12", not "15" like he usually signs.

07-08 Upper Deck Star Signings GOLD Auto AL HORFORD /20 - eBay (item 120259011774 end time May-11-08 15:33:01 PDT)
757a_1.JPG

07-08 UD SPX AL HORFORD Auto TRIPLE PATCH SPECTRUM 1/10 - eBay (item 120259023839 end time May-11-08 16:20:10 PDT)
0b4e_1.JPG

Both are from one seller, collectiblejunkie27, who doesn't have a high rating, but all are positive!
eBay My World - collectiblejunkie27
This guy is mostly selling Horford cards, and there is probably another one that looks fake, but then a couple that look legit.

The real signature is like this:
3138_1.JPG

HORFORDAUTO15.jpg

78c6_1.JPG

Thanks for any help
Chris

i doubt they would be fake as they are both sticker autos and Horford prob rushed to sign them.

the other ones are on card autos so he prob took hes time....

Hi,

Just watching two auto cards from Al Horford which end soon, and I notice a distinct difference in the signatures. The following two appear fake, as the number after his name looks like its written as "12", not "15" like he usually signs.

Hey Chris,

They are his earlier signatures. That is actually "42" not "12". 42 is his number when he was in college playing for Florida. Of course, 15 is his number now with the Hawks.

Cheers
Rick

Really?? Wow.. then his "42" auto's would probably be limited since he won't sign 42 anymore? Tempting... hahaha

Just cheked it out and it's going 150 already! Wow that's a lot of $$.. but I guess the patch and the numbering makes up for it. Good luck chris.. btw, the auctions don't ship to aus. How are you able to bid on them? Thanks!

Really?? Wow.. then his "42" auto's would probably be limited since he won't sign 42 anymore? Tempting... hahaha

Just cheked it out and it's going 150 already! Wow that's a lot of $$.. but I guess the patch and the numbering makes up for it. Good luck chris.. btw, the auctions don't ship to aus. How are you able to bid on them? Thanks!

Oh trust me, you get 1 of those spectrums in hand and that tells you why they go for so much! They are amazingly beautiful cards and VERY highly sought after, hence the price.

you have one? The scan looks a bit plain in the Horford so I didn't think much of it...

you have one? The scan looks a bit plain in the Horford so I didn't think much of it...

Yeah... I never really thought much of them either haha

Yeah I got a couple, but not of Horford. Scans do look rather plain, but the card is actually 'refractor' like and that blueish purple background simply looks amazing in hand with the refractor sheen. I loved it when I got my first, and Andrew just recently added a Wilson Chandler 1 to his collection and same reaction, Favourite design!

Will have to take pics/photos instead of scans...but here:
07SPXRS10.jpg

07SPXRS410.jpg

07SPXRSP510.jpg

07SPXRSP810.jpg

Is it only the spectrums that look good?

The base look rather...ordinary and the Radiance (Green #/25) look pretty nice, but nothing compares to the Spectrum shine and probably the best bit, the crazy patches they seem to have put in all the cards! Haven't seen a bad patch!

The two cards I was really watching closely recently sold for way too much and I missed them anyway, damn work meetings! :(

SPX went for $320
Premier quad patch auto went for $310

I have to give them a thumbs up on all the patches. I looked at spectrums in ebay and all of them have amazing patches. Even if the sizes are small, all are multicolored! Great job on those. I'll try to pick one up myself once I get a bit of $$ haha

Not sure if this was mentioned but Aldridge last year had plenty of sticker autos signed with #23....his college number....most of his current autos are signed with #12

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom