DIGITAL Cards

As soon as cards go digital I’m out! The thrill of pulling your favourite player’s card from a packet and holding in your hand will be gone. It’s that link to your childhood that keeps me buying packets.
Mick, just part of tla licence areement with the nrl, some release each year must have an online content.
They would not release just online cards, no point, they are not stupid,no cards, no cash flow.

Ah hah! Glad you ask doc as I've been imagining the same concept.

IMO: technology and card producers have a long way to go in terms of making it something comparable and I don't mean to sound like a techno-phobe about it. Agree with you George- I like to be able to hold cards in my hand too and even if something comes up to make digital cards competitive, teddy and Munster retiring, which is obviously ages away is when I plan to cease collecting any further.

Ah hah! Glad you ask doc as I've been imagining the same concept.

IMO: technology and card producers have a long way to go in terms of making it something comparable and I don't mean to sound like a techno-phobe about it. Agree with you George- I like to be able to hold cards in my hand too and even if something comes up to make digital cards competitive, teddy and Munster retiring, which is obviously ages away is when I plan to cease collecting any further.
Jarrah, I thought I was doing something wrong, I kept trying to feel the cards on the screen, but just kept getting sore fingers as they hit screen.
thought they might have 3D.
Must have been a blonde in my previous life.

There may have been some misunderstanding here: speaking of my last post, I was strictly referring to the concept of hard copy cards being redundant in distant future and PC's would be determined by limited edition software to accept someone's card collection as valuable or legitimate and such cards purchased then observed in the same kind of manner as an iBook? Other members seemed to have been talking about eventual hard copy cards that are only available via digital purchase rather than hard copy packet pulls and/or breaks?

This is getting weird.
Panini had this going with American sports cards and I found it a major waste of time and energy on their part.
You buy a box of real cards and get a couple of cards with a code to download a couple of virtual cards.
Didn't see any this year though, maybe a lost cause.
Cards are cards, pictures of cards are pictures of cards. Can you spot the difference?

Back
Top Bottom