Digital Card Sets

The Mad Hatter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
I know the Select/AFL is doing an app where you can track your set online, and get some 'bonus' digital only cards.

But, if the NRL did this (and they kind of do it with Power Play), what would you like to see in a digital only set.

For mine - the whole 25 player squad, the coach, the mascot (like Blade) and club logo/history card.

I'd also like to see instant player transfers added to the squads. And the sets numbered by team - so SS#s 01-25 - so if a player swapped mid-season from Penrith to South Sydney, they could be added on as SS26. And would you keep the Penrith player PP14 in your Penrith set, or would he be removed [I'm inclined to keep him].

Even better yet, what if you had an app - and I'm thinking I-phone here - where you have the capability to have the digital footy card onscreen and the player use an I-pen to sign the screen. Then their sig is on your digital card. Hmm…would that be groovy or what?

Anyway, nothing is off the table…hang your thoughts - pros and cons - in this thread and don't let anything cloud your ideas. It's all good!

NOTE : these are digital only…to complement traditional footy cards, but not printed.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to see - and probably just the marquee or two at each club - but the player card can be turned on - like megamotion - where you get a message from the player.

So Sam Burgess. You buy that card and you can turn it on, and Sammy gives you a little message. Imagine Corey Parker, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, Jonathon Thurston in your collection.

Or for the kids - the message of 'eat your veggies' or 'read a book' like the Powerplay cards but actual video cards?

chris , now there is a money maker for you, Aus post use a pen system when you receive a registered post item.

This is similar with the baseball sets. They used codes that help with collection and apparently one more cards . (Topps)