Difference between prizm retail and hobby

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
Noticed presales of 2019 prizms are now available on Cherry but they are retail. What's the difference between retail and hobby? In the 90s retail were always far inferior to hobby but I thought they had stopped differentiating between retail and hobby.

I prefer Hobby still. Better value generally and you can hit better variations more easily such as Blue and Pink Cracked Ice, Purple, Orange, Mojo, Gold. I don't see these variations coming out of retail boxes as much if at all. Generally in retail it's only Silver, Green and a retail exclusive parallel normally numbered to something weird like 42 or 39 haha.

I prefer hobby over retail with almost any product that has both, however, there was a big price difference between Prizm hobby and retail. For the cost of 1 hobby box you could get 3 retail boxes and change( at least when it first launched). Hobby does have the numbered stuff and an extra auto, but I still think that retail was the better value. If money wasn't an issue I'd purchase the hobby, but it was expensive relatively speaking.

Back
Top Bottom