DHL Express

jkidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Just a heads up to everyone, especially those who use MyMallBox and choose DHL Express as a shipment option.

Once the shipment reaches Australia, there is a possibility the shipment will be turned over to a third party carrier such as Australia Post. Once this occurs, the shipment is no longer an express service, it will be handled and delivered via standard post which is a minimum 5 - 7 work days with Australia Post.

Unfortunately I learned this first hand, I was supposed to receive my latest MMB shipment today. DHL say they have handed it over to Australia Post, while Australia Post say they have not received shipment from DHL. No one knows where my cards are.

:mad::cry::(

That is bad

Noticed with items I have got off eBay using priority international, and global shipping program, there is 3 carriers

EBay global shipping program to Erlanger KY, then goes to DAI post in Melbourne, then goes to Australia post finding it is taking little longer once it gets to DAI post, I had a parcel sit for a week in Melbourne before it reached me, I don't get why 3 carriers

What! Paid for express and get Australia Post.... what does it says on the DHL tracking?

It will say "delivery arranged, no updates expected".

At which point you have to call them in order to obtain the Australia Post tracking.

Either way, customers don't get what they paid for and there is nothing that can be done about it. I was told the only way is to avoid Monday delivery dates. What a cop out. Have to factor in "good" and "bad" delivery days now.

That is bad

Noticed with items I have got off eBay using priority international, and global shipping program, there is 3 carriers

EBay global shipping program to Erlanger KY, then goes to DAI post in Melbourne, then goes to Australia post finding it is taking little longer once it gets to DAI post, I had a parcel sit for a week in Melbourne before it reached me, I don't get why 3 carriers

Yeah they say it's a measure to allow them to meet as many deadlines as possible. It seems more like a costing cutting measure if anything.

If they are going to use a third party carrier, the least they can do is make sure the service is the same, i.e Express Post.

It will say "delivery arranged, no updates expected".

At which point you have to call them in order to obtain the Australia Post tracking.

Either way, customers don't get what they paid for and there is nothing that can be done about it. I was told the only way is to avoid Monday delivery dates. What a cop out. Have to factor in "good" and "bad" delivery days now.

Did you speak to the Manager to clarify this? Geez DHL and Aust post is totally different ballgame....

Great..... will be consolidating a package next week so I will find out with Aust post - just want it back before xmas and then stop all shipping after the silly season.

Did you speak to the Manager to clarify this? Geez DHL and Aust post is totally different ballgame....

Great..... will be consolidating a package next week so I will find out with Aust post - just want it back before xmas and then stop all shipping after the silly season.

Yeah I put in a complaint through to DHL Australia and MMB forwarded my complaint to DHL in the U.S as well. In the process of working out compensation.

Accordingly to DHL Australia if your delivery date is not Monday you should be ok. Because apparently they are too busy on Mondays to deliver your parcels themselves lol.

They said you can request MMB to label the item to be handled and delivered by DHL only.

They said you can request MMB to label the item to be handled and delivered by DHL only.

I find that ridiculous to even request for it as that is the freakin DHL option provided by MMB. If I want Aust post, I would have chosen the USPS option.

I find that ridiculous to even request for it as that is the freakin DHL option provided by MMB. If I want Aust post, I would have chosen the USPS option.

My thoughts exactly!

And to be honest I'm not really sure if I want to make that request either.

The other idea DHL gave me is to give them a call as soon as the tracking shows it has been released by customs. Who has the time to check the tracking number non stop?

Just an update on my package opted for DHL and delivered by DHL - maybe lucky but I have always opted for delivery to my work.

Secondly as mentioned by jkidd05 about DHL not being able to deliver on monday, the last few deliveries (early Oct) were delivered by DHL on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom